U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,389,332 times

Advertisements

A lovely young lady from the UMO Alumni office visited our house yesterday en route from Tucson.

She was so pleasant and kind- brought me a bag of shells from Mt. Desert Island (where she resides), a black teddy bear and a cd of UMO and a folder showing recent improvements.

It appears the University hopes to rely more on alum for donations since the state funding has steadily decreased over the years.

All I can say it that she is a wonderful representative of UMO and the Maine spirit!! If you are a grad, or married to an alum( my case), I hope you have the opportunity to meet her!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 AM

10,232 posts, read 16,147,796 times
A question that would have drawn more responses would be whether there are many UMO grads still in Maine.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:27 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,389,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
A question that would have drawn more responses would be whether there are many UMO grads still in Maine.
Good point! I believe her territory consists of both out of state alum AND in state alumni. UMO ( and all the other Universities) needs the support of all graduates now that the State's contribution to the UM system is declining.

So, regardless if you live in state or out of state, please consider helping any school within the University of Maine system.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 AM

281 posts, read 985,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Not this one. I wish i could come home though.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:08 PM

12,421 posts, read 2,967,588 times
I'm a UMO grad, but no money for donations...my child is in college right now

Old 01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,095,604 times
My father is an out-of-state UMO grad. He hasn't mentioned anything about the school asking him for a donation. And we were just talking about his college days when I was visiting him at Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area