U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 12:22 PM

114 posts, read 217,251 times

Advertisements

I will be traveling to my vacation house in Maine from Florida. I read that I will have to quarantine for 14 days, for me impossible, or be tested, which is my better option. WHERE CAN I GET THE TEST?

Information about this is confusing. Do I get the test as soon as I cross the border into the state, then hang out at the border to wait for results, or do I go to my house and wait? I will be driving from Florida, so should I stop somewhere in New York, for example, and get the test?

One site I called said results will be sent to my Maine primary doctor, which I do not have, nor do tourists visiting Maine have Maine doctors (I am not a tourist.. I am a long term summer resident.)

Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 07:46 PM

2,866 posts, read 1,080,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieUSA View Post
I will be traveling to my vacation house in Maine from Florida. I read that I will have to quarantine for 14 days, for me impossible, or be tested, which is my better option. WHERE CAN I GET THE TEST?

Information about this is confusing. Do I get the test as soon as I cross the border into the state, then hang out at the border to wait for results, or do I go to my house and wait? I will be driving from Florida, so should I stop somewhere in New York, for example, and get the test?

One site I called said results will be sent to my Maine primary doctor, which I do not have, nor do tourists visiting Maine have Maine doctors (I am not a tourist.. I am a long term summer resident.)

My sister and I were talking about this today. It's awfully confusing.

My sister's coworker is on vacation in Maine now. She said:

Take the test in your home state.

Enter Maine with written test results within 72 hours of the test.

If you arrive after four days after the test, it's okay.

You might want to take the test, drive to Maine and ask your doctor to email your results.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:47 AM

114 posts, read 217,251 times
Thank you. Good advice.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:34 AM
VCV

10 posts, read 5,080 times
We traveled to Maine from CT last weekend. We searched for a rapid test site in our state and were tested there within 72 hours of our entering Maine. A rapid test is one that provides you with a fast result, 30' in our case. The test was prescribed by our physicians and paid by our insurance. We then traveled to Maine with our negative result papers.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:25 AM

32,493 posts, read 52,882,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCV View Post
We traveled to Maine from CT last weekend. We searched for a rapid test site in our state and were tested there within 72 hours of our entering Maine. A rapid test is one that provides you with a fast result, 30' in our case. The test was prescribed by our physicians and paid by our insurance. We then traveled to Maine with our negative result papers.
Since entering Maine has anyone asked to see those results?

Old 07-05-2020, 02:43 PM
VCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Since entering Maine has anyone asked to see those results?
No one asked us. The lady whose VRBO we stayed at didn't ask to see the papers, although we told her we had negative results. We are going back to Maine in three weeks, but now a negative result is no longer required from CT.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,399 times
I read (somewhere) that you are expected to bring everything you need for two weeks. I also expect to be coming up from Florida. There is no way I could make it in 72 hours even if I could get results! within that time in Florida. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if any state with quarantine rules could test at the border. Then, you could proceed to your destination, and they could email you the results.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:07 AM
VCV

I found this on the maine.gov website, although I am sure you saw it as well:
If I can’t schedule a COVID-19 test prior to my travel to Maine, can I get tested in Maine?

Maine strongly urges testing before you leave home or enter Maine so that you “know before you go.” Capacity is available and expanding and reservations can be made before arrival. COVID-19 tests are available in Maine without referral from a medical professional under a standing order issued by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services. Websites like Get Tested COVID-19 show local testing options nationwide. But visitors are strongly urged to get tested before they travel.
What if I am awaiting test results after arriving in Maine?

If you were tested for COVID-19 upon your arrival in Maine and do not yet have test results, you must quarantine in your room or rental until you receive a negative test result, but you must arrange for meals to be delivered to your room and you must avoid contact with staff and guests after check-out until your negative test result is received. Use of shared public spaces, dining spaces, gyms and pools is prohibited during quarantine.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:08 PM

891 posts, read 400,333 times
OP, it is OK to go to your house, get the test in Maine as soon as you can, and then wait. The only tricky part is that you are supposed to not go out for food or groceries.....'supposed to'. Maybe stock up on the way in VA or MD on the way up and use a cooler for perishables.

Can you make the run from MD to your house in Maine in 1 day? Every states in the NE north of MD is presently requiring you (coming from FL) to quarantine for 14 days if you have no recent negative test result. But I suppose staying in your motel room in MA is 'quarantine', and you could always go through a drive-through for meals, as you travel and fix a sandwich before you depart the next day.

So it is doable.... just messy once you get north of the Mason-Dixon line. You are fortunate that you have your own place to head to when you get to Maine.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:40 PM

3,321 posts, read 5,971,993 times
You're overthinking this. There are no checkpoints. No is going to ask to see your test results.

If you were staying at a hotel in Maine you would be asked to sign an affidavit that you have had a negative test result within 72 hours or that you are considered essential personnel. You are traveling to your own house, it's a non issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area