Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Attending a Maine Meet in Bangor, Maine
I'm interested. Near the End of August would be better 6 18.18%
I'm interested. The Beginning of September would be better. 19 57.58%
I need a different month to attend. 7 21.21%
I'm not really interested. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:27 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,346,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobjuan View Post
My DH and I had a GREAT time. Thanks to all of you for being on this forum and especially for those who came. This continues to be such a wonderful experience because of all of you.

Forest, What do you call a chicken that swims?
We love you too

Actually that is not a chicken at all, it is called a duck.

We were just given a couple Silkies and some Sultans to add to our flock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

Actually that is not a chicken at all, it is called a duck.
Glad we finally got that straightened out. I still think, with your location, you should take MaineWriter up on her offer of some of those swimming chickens, rather than the drowning kind...

Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,346,326 times
I do appreciate the offer.

We have had ducks and geese previously, we simply did not care for their habit.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,671,339 times
That top pic is NMLM and Zymer reminiscing about last spring. What a scramble that was!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:29 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,073,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
I had such a wonderful time meeting everyone. I think it ended to soon and I wanted more time to sit and talk with more people.
Yes, it was nice to see everyone, but I agree it ended too soon. I'm not one of the most "outgoing" people and it takes me a while...

A full day (or even a weekend bash) in a more relaxed, private setting might be nice...I'd volunteer to host but I can't just yet. Among other things, neither of my grills made it through moving very well.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,534,340 times
We've had large groups here and had a great time. We're in northern Washington county though, about two hours from Bangor, so it's quite a trip for most members. There's room for campers and tents.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:57 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,676 times
Smile ~once apon a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Yes, it was nice to see everyone, but I agree it ended too soon. I'm not one of the most "outgoing" people and it takes me a while...

A full day (or even a weekend bash) in a more relaxed, private setting might be nice...I'd volunteer to host but I can't just yet. Among other things, neither of my grills made it through moving very well.
Yeah, it would be like a convention.
Like a Citymeeta maineah cruise and have our own private dining room, then we could play suffle board and

I'll wear my banned shirt so no one forgets who I am.... and ... yes.. that would be so much fun. I wish I could get away for that long. Steve and I could use that time away.
p.s.
I was driving north west today and what are the chances in the middle of really no where did Northern Maine Land Man pull out in front of me and we all were heading the same way. What are the odds??
I had no plan to go that way, Steve and I just said lets go for a drive and poof we were on that route and poof again... NMLM.
Of course we called him and said hi. It's only proper to do so.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:21 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,417,688 times
I vote for a weekend beach bash, campfires and all! That would be so much fun!!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:21 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
We've had large groups here and had a great time. We're in northern Washington county though, about two hours from Bangor, so it's quite a trip for most members. There's room for campers and tents.
Yes it is a bit of a trip. that's why most of us from this area said "We'll go west."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I vote for a weekend beach bash, campfires and all! That would be so much fun!!
Sounds like the Frankie Valli muscle Beach party. I'll have to get a new hair doo.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 09-08-2008 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: .

Old 09-08-2008, 05:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,095,422 times
I don't think I can do "big hair", or puffy hair.... you guys saw my hair! Just not possible... oh! I'll wear a swim cap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area