Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Attending a Maine Meet in Bangor, Maine
I'm interested. Near the End of August would be better 6 18.18%
I'm interested. The Beginning of September would be better. 19 57.58%
I need a different month to attend. 7 21.21%
I'm not really interested. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times

Advertisements

In two weeks it will be 44 years for us.

I went to my father's parents 50th. I went to my mother's parents 50th. I went to my parents 50th. I went to my wife's parents 50th and when my youngest son graduated from high school, all four of his grandparents were there.

-break-

September 6 is good for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 05:22 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
NMLM that's wonderful!

Sept 6 is good for me too....I've been reading along and just now realized that I hadn't done the poll--oops.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
It's fantastic that as the years pass your still able to remember why you fell in love with one another.

Best of Luck on your empty house, and may you find passions and new dreams together that have never been done before.

Sorry I never made it to the Sea Dog, but I can try today.....
I have to put on my evil peach face and write a thread in off topic

Our total is getting up there.. Yeah. Don't we feel like those pledge shows.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 07-23-2008 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: added a line.. I was also typing with an peachie way about me. grrr

Old 07-23-2008, 06:16 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Just realized I hadn't done the poll either. (Thanks for the reminder, mollysmiles.) I'd love to be there on Sept. 6. I'll be the guy with corgis!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:25 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
It's fantastic that as the years pass your still able to remember why you fell in love with one another.

Best of Luck on your empty house, and may you find passions and new dreams together that have never been done before.

Sorry I never made it to the Sea Dog, but I can try today.....
I have to put on my evil peach face and write a thread in off topic

Our total is getting up there.. Yeah. Don't we feel like those pledge shows.
Peachie, I'll be down in Sea Dog turf today, too... meeting with a client in the brick building across the street! if you think you won't get there, DM me what we need to know and I can go poke around...

Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
In two weeks it will be 44 years for us.

I went to my father's parents 50th. I went to my mother's parents 50th. I went to my parents 50th. I went to my wife's parents 50th and when my youngest son graduated from high school, all four of his grandparents were there.

-break-

September 6 is good for me.
Congrats NMLM! That's amazing! My In Laws hit 50 this year too!
Good to see marriages that stand the test of time!

I think I can do the 6th...I'll check to be sure.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,573 times
I am up for the 6th. (as long as it's a weekend, I'm up for just about anything!)

Now the big question, do we want to bring guests (spouses) or do the solo thing? Dum DUM Duuuummm!!!!

Please be gentle with me, this is my first forum I've ever subscribed to and I am having so much fun!!!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobjuan View Post
I am up for the 6th. (as long as it's a weekend, I'm up for just about anything!)

Now the big question, do we want to bring guests (spouses) or do the solo thing? Dum DUM Duuuummm!!!!

Please be gentle with me, this is my first forum I've ever subscribed to and I am having so much fun!!!!!
Awesome! I'm bringing Steve.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:20 PM

222 posts, read 529,886 times
Default Bringing others

Maine Writer, I am glad you are bringing Steve, I will bring my DH,
if he agrees and the collective group is ok with spouses coming! Gigi

Old 07-23-2008, 05:49 PM

411 posts, read 898,916 times
September 6th would be great!!! I'd love to be able to meet all of you... I've been MIA lately as we have lots going on around here.

I've been in CT off and on (mostly on) since May 5th I think it was. And just got back last night around 7 for I think the 5th time. I went down a couple weeks ago to finish packing and move my parents here, that was the 9th when I went down. Packed and cleaned for a couple days, picked up a 26-foot moving truck on the 12th, and fully intended leaving on the 14th for Maine. That didn't happen. As it turned out, we still had too much to do, and my uncle ended up finding out his kidney transplant would be the 15th. The day we had to have my parents out of their house!!! So, we stayed till the 16th, as my disabled mom needed help after her long day in the hospital. My aunt (uncle's wife) was in UMass giving her kidney to someone, whose donor gave theirs to my uncle, so she was down for the count. We left on Wednesday, the 16th for Maine with a 26-foot mechanical monster, just my dad and me. Got here about 9pm, and by 10am the next day Starwalker and Forest's sons were here to help us unload the dang thing in a storage unit. Got that done, came back after dropping off the truck and slept. Then took a bus out of Bangor at 5:30am Friday morning. Finally got back again last night... it's been rough.

Needless to say, I NEED a get-together for stress relief! lol. Uncle is doing great, should be home sometime tonight after a couple small complications, and my parents will move for good sometime in August. Everything is going well. So September 6th will be one day after our 10th anniversary. Not as good as all you folks, but we are getting there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area