U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:15 PM

12 posts, read 57,810 times

Advertisements

Always curious to know what there is to do around there. Mainly the reason I ask is cause I used to be a club DJ but I doubt that Bangor has a lot in the way of techno or trance clubs....but I'll be moving up there knowing nobody and just curious as to best places to go to make friends with people my age...I'm 29 almost 30 but still get carded for rated R movies hehe Any helpful hints?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 02:29 PM

581 posts, read 618,643 times
Nightlife in Bangor is spotty. The premier club of course is Diva's. Then there's Dysarts in South Bangor but that's more of a visual experience than musical. Most of us in the area now just go up to the University in Orono and see if we can poach a stray co-ed. Maybe you should open your own club.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 PM

LOL on poaching the co-eds

I had thought about it but...not sure how well the trance scene would take to Bangor. I'd have to get a feel for it first. So what's the Diva's place like? What kind of music and is it normal people or mostly just the freaks and weirdos?

Old 04-15-2007, 04:15 PM

33,343 posts, read 54,752,577 times
I am not very knowledgeable on the 'club scene', I have been to Diva's, a couple times, it was just a strip joint with flat girls. I was told by the manager that her girls work and save-up their money to buy breasts, and as soon as they heal-up the girls move South to Portland or Boston.

Around here [Old Town]: it is the Elk's club, American Legion, and VFW, that each draw in a crowd. Until maybe 10pm or so. I cook dinners at the VFW for their monthly Meat Raffle. Each of these clubs have a monthly Meat Raffle.

The Old Town paper has a write-up in every issue of the Co-eds getting busted for under-age drinking, it seems like most of the busts are inside folk's homes. If anyone has a house-party starting up, the neighbors drop a dime, and everyone gets locked up.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:57 AM

Oh Diva's is a strip club? That's not what I was looking for haha...thanks for clarifying that up before I stumbled into that one unknowingly. I was thinking more dance club....maybe I should think of opening one up there. You never know

Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 AM

A recent newspaper has an article about the current fad of pole dancing in bars.

Now while I am familiar with pole dancers, these are just regular bars that put in poles and the Co-eds get drunk and compete on the poles.

I am not knowledgeable of any dance halls in the area. There is one in Alton, an old barn that according to the signs on the building, was open one night a week for dances. But I do not think that they have been open for business for a couple years. Not since Alton became an organized township.

Once a town triples it's tax-base like that, many businesses fold.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 AM

423 posts, read 1,834,778 times
opening a dance club is a brilliant idea. With college students from Orono and a lack of any clubs, there would definitly be a crowd. What is the bar scene like in and around Bangor?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 AM

581 posts, read 618,643 times
Default check with FUSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkx7 View Post
opening a dance club is a brilliant idea. With college students from Orono and a lack of any clubs, there would definitly be a crowd. What is the bar scene like in and around Bangor?
Ok, here's a serious reply. First of all, stay away from Alton "night clubs" - that's a good place to get shot. Secondly, Orono has cracked down on student entertainment and closed down a club last year for rowdiness. Lastly, I do think there might be a vacuum in Bangor - I'd check with a group called FUSION who are a group of young professionals trying to bring economic development and spirit to Bangor. Their address is www.fusionbangor.com

And for God's sake, don't go to the Alton bottle club without your 9mm!

Good luck.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:45 PM

I did not mean to be recommending that one, it is simply the only other one that I have seen since moving here. Besides I think that they are closed.

Is there anything over by Hermon?

Or maybe Brewer has something?

Old 12-15-2007, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 10,452 times
so there is no where to dance in bangor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area