U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2007, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Pittsfield, Maine
160 posts, read 349,584 times
Reputation: 155

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some general information on the Orono and surrounding area? MsJL has given us some great insight and piqued our interest in the area for opening a restaurant/pub. We would like to hear from others who live in the area and whether a restaurant/pub would be a good fit.

Thank you
Lynn and Russ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Greater Metropolitan Bangor
581 posts, read 626,508 times
Reputation: 87
Hi Lynn and Russ,

I live in Orono, it's a nice town with the flagship branch of the University of Maine, among other amenities. Here is the town website's compilation of restaurants: http://www.orono.org/directories/bus...ness.asp?ID=16 It might be possible that there is room for another - I hope so, it would be great.

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions - I'll try to give you an honest answer. I am on the town's Economic Development Committee, for what it's worth!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 11,424,451 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidoftheNorth View Post
Hi Lynn and Russ,

I live in Orono, it's a nice town with the flagship branch of the University of Maine, among other amenities. Here is the town website's compilation of restaurants: http://www.orono.org/directories/bus...ness.asp?ID=16 It might be possible that there is room for another - I hope so, it would be great.

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions - I'll try to give you an honest answer. I am on the town's Economic Development Committee, for what it's worth!
Well now you have to tell us what you are developing economically speaking of course.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Pittsfield, Maine
160 posts, read 349,584 times
Reputation: 155
Lynn and I would like a little pub, 70-100 seats, that anyone from the local mechanic to a businessperson to a family can come in for a gerat meal, a cold drink or pint, and plenty of friendly conversation with a warm, being at home atmosphere. Really a vibe of a Irish pub more than anything.

Does that pique your interest?

Lynn and Russ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 09:05 PM
 
Location: oklahoma
423 posts, read 1,842,004 times
Reputation: 346
you will be in direct competition with the late Pat Farnworth's 'Pat's Pizza' if you try to sell pizza, just keep that in mind
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Pittsfield, Maine
160 posts, read 349,584 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkx7 View Post
you will be in direct competition with the late Pat Farnworth's 'Pat's Pizza' if you try to sell pizza, just keep that in mind
No, we do not want a pizza palor. More of a pub/tavern vibe.

Thanks for the info and head up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 11,424,451 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn and Russ View Post
Lynn and I would like a little pub, 70-100 seats, that anyone from the local mechanic to a businessperson to a family can come in for a gerat meal, a cold drink or pint, and plenty of friendly conversation with a warm, being at home atmosphere. Really a vibe of a Irish pub more than anything.

Does that pique your interest?

Lynn and Russ
Actually if you hang a couple of dart boards up I'm there! Sounds great!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Pittsfield, Maine
160 posts, read 349,584 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Actually if you hang a couple of dart boards up I'm there! Sounds great!
Hahaha! We'll see what we can do! I do want to get Smithwick's on tap.

Lynn and Russ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 11,424,451 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn and Russ View Post
Hahaha! We'll see what we can do! I do want to get Smithwick's on tap.

Lynn and Russ
Ok now you're talking! Be sure to post when you do find a place, I'm sure folks here would want to support you if in reach.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2007, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Pittsfield, Maine
160 posts, read 349,584 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Ok now you're talking! Be sure to post when you do find a place, I'm sure folks here would want to support you if in reach.
We sure will! Lynn and I are heading up there in September to look around. After chatting with various folks from the area, Orono has moved to the top of our list.

Thanks for making us excited about the area.
Lynn and Russ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top