Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
RHB RHB started this thread

1,098 posts, read 2,143,202 times

Advertisements

Tractor Supply opened today. We went, it seems like a nice store, not everything was marked yet, hopefully they will have that done by next weekends "grand" opening. I think it makes a nice addition to the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 06:24 PM

783 posts, read 1,568,193 times
Sounds like real "feed" store, thanks for your post!

The inventory at Tractor Supply seems a little more well-rounded than that of the local Agway; all of their locations are still a bit of a hike for me, though.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,752,925 times
I love Tractor Supply. It was one of the very nice surprises when we moved from Maine to here in Michigan. WAY better than an Agway, and I used to like Agway stores.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 PM

37,294 posts, read 61,076,201 times
There Ag trailers are much cheaper than anyone else in Bangor. I had to go down to Skowhegan to get a cheap ag trailer a couple years ago. So the competition will be good.

Tractor parts, well parts, fencing, seed, livestock, hand tools, welding, pneumatics, hand and power hydraulics, gardening, ...

It is actually one of the things that I have been missing. Is a store that focuses on Ag stuff. where I grew up we had a large selection of Ag types of stores. Seeing that most of Maine is rural, I had expected to see some Ag outlets. I was very happy when I heard that one was opening in Skowhegan, and now in Bangor.

For example they do not have anything for seed cleaning, but they do have grist mills with the big flywheels for being belt-fed. [My DW wants one]

We were looking at their disc harrows. Really trying to see how far they can be adjusted and their prices.

Our tractor dealer is great for tractors but is lacking in attachments.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:43 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,509,652 times
That is indeed good news. The other Tractor Supply stores are over an hour away from me so I don't get there much, and yet I go to Bangor at least once a month. I don't like their feed though, but their other products are great, fencing in particular. Nice prices.

Funny FBK...need a disc harrow myself. (LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area