Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 06:51 AM

7,539 posts, read 6,774,193 times

Advertisements

Are we talking game I attended??

2–1978 when Ron Guidry struck out 18 and 1998 when the Yankees won the Series in San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2024, 06:41 PM

37 posts, read 13,400 times
I would have to say the most memorable game I attended was on September 29th, 2019. It was Braves vs. Mets at Citi Field, the final regular season game. The Mets despite a better second-half were eliminated from playoff contention and the Braves had already clinched the NL East.

The game went to extra innings and after the Braves took the lead in the top of the 11th inning, Dominic Smith hit a walk-off 3-run home run.

Who knew that that was the final regular season game before covid hit and delayed the start of the next season.

Old 07-10-2024, 07:18 PM
JRR

8,307 posts, read 5,830,985 times
After all these years, a spring training game at Dodgertown in Vero Beach in 1961 sticks in my mind. Larry Jackson was pitching for the Cardinals and Duke Snider was batting. Jackson threw an inside pitch that shattered Snider's bat. The ball hit Jackson and as he bent over to pick it up a piece of the bat hit him in the face and fractured his jaw. I was in the first row part way down to third base and I remember seeing that bat piece whirling toward Jackson like it was in slow motion.

Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM

1,287 posts, read 1,115,531 times
June 22, 1993: Baltimore Orioles vs Detroit Tigers

It was my first Major League game that I had been to. Mike Mussina was on the mound for the O's and he got rocked. O's went down 7-1 quickly. But they came back to win 12-9. Chris Hoiles with two home runs was the star of the game and was my favorite player at the time.

My Dad got them to put an announcement up for my 8th birthday. It was a great night and a great game.

A runner up was in 2009 going to a Orioles-Yankees game when I was living up in DC and watching the Orioles demolish the Yankees (looks like May 9, 2009 going through the schedule). An 8 run 2nd got things going early and they never looked back.

Old Today, 02:11 PM

34,006 posts, read 13,089,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
June 22, 1993: Baltimore Orioles vs Detroit Tigers

It was my first Major League game that I had been to. Mike Mussina was on the mound for the O's and he got rocked. O's went down 7-1 quickly. But they came back to win 12-9. Chris Hoiles with two home runs was the star of the game and was my favorite player at the time.

My Dad got them to put an announcement up for my 8th birthday. It was a great night and a great game.

A runner up was in 2009 going to a Orioles-Yankees game when I was living up in DC and watching the Orioles demolish the Yankees (looks like May 9, 2009 going through the schedule). An 8 run 2nd got things going early and they never looked back.
Family can be a great influence re Fandom.

At the Astros parade in 2017, there was a 4 generation baseball family next to me., with Generations 1, 2, and 4 there.

Generation #1 was the great grandfather, in his 80s, who had gone to games back when the Astros were the Colt 45s.

Generation #2, the grandfather, was my age, and had always lived in the Houston metro.

Generation #4 was the grandson/great grandson, who was a 7 year old boy. He had originally been a Dodgers fan. His dad, who was at work during the parade, had been working in LA so the family lived there at that time and the kid was born in LA. The dad later got a job in Houston and the family moved back. They'd been back long enough that his grandpa, great grandpa, etc. had worked on him long enough that he left the Dodgers in the dust and was in the fold as an Astros fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball