Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got??
Rangers in 4 2 6.67%
Rangers in 5 1 3.33%
Rangers in 6 9 30.00%
Rangers in 7 1 3.33%
Giants in 4 2 6.67%
Giants in 5 3 10.00%
Giants in 6 9 30.00%
Giants in 7 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

The baserunning in this game as been less than outstanding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Is this being played now???

I am not in the States and I want to watch it live.
You better turn on your TV then

Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You better turn on your TV then
I’m at work. Is there anywhere online? I tried ESPN.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
The baserunning in this game as been less than outstanding
That has not been a strength for SF all year.

You know why Lincecum froze on that rundown play? Not that long ago the Giants screwed up that play when they were the batting team. I think it was Sandoval, maybe someone else, but a runner had rounded third and then changed his mind and headed back. In the meantime the trailing runner had arrived at third and now we had twice as many Giants occupying the bag as the rules permit. Of course the rule is that the bag belongs to the lead runner, so after the opposition had made all the useless just in case tags of both runners, the ump made the out signal and the trailing runner was out. But the lead runner didn't know the rules, which is why I think it was Sandoval, and deciding that it was he who was out, wandered off the bag heading for the dugout and got tagged out for a double play.

I highly suspect that this was on Linceum's mind when he was chasing the runner back to third tonight. He was imagining that the trailing runner was going to be on third and be automatically out, thus rendering the need for a tag moot. I could sort of tell this by the way Tim was looking around for that phantom runner and not realizing what he had done until he grasped that the trailing runner had never arrived. There were two Giants players standing near third and my guess is that Linceum took a quick glance and assumed one of them was the enemy.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:

I'd also seriously think about Murphy in place of Vlad. The left-handed bat, the better defense...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
He was imagining that the trailing runner was going to be on third and be automatically out, thus rendering the need for a tag moot. I could sort of tell this by the way Tim was looking around for that phantom runner and not realizing what he had done until he grasped that the trailing runner had never arrived. There were two Giants players standing near third and my guess is that Linceum took a quick glance and assumed one of them was the enemy.
I agree with this, he did look like he was expecting another runner. How he expected the runner to get from 1st to 3rd on a ball that traveled 45 feet, I don't know.

Did the baserunner fake a steal on the pitch? The Rangers' aggressive baserunning against the Yankees stole them a couple of runs...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:16 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Lee gave up 7 runs today and before today he was a legend in the post-season! Who would have thunk it?

Freddy Sanchez is the MVP so far.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Lincecum had the jitters to start the game but he slowly calm down but still pitched good enough to get a victory.

Cliff Lee Who?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Can I just say this,

I hate the American league, I think it's un-American if you ask me. I really don't like the giants but when it's National league vs the "un-American-DH'ing league", well Go Giants!!!!

PS: Giant's fans, I still remember Prince running over your catcher 3 years ago at home plate, then Prince fielder showed the world his explosion celebration two years ago or bowling pin celebration then the next year aka this year at the first spring training game guess who get's plunked by the first pitch...Prince Fielder lol.

Six months after Prince Fielder riled the Giants with an elaborate home run celebration, Zito got even. He plunked Fielder in the back in the first inning of a Cactus League game between the Giants and Brewers at Scottsdale Stadium.

San Francisco Giants' Zito plunks Milwaukee Brewers' Prince Fielder, but cool heads prevail - ESPN

Giants get belated payback on Prince Fielder | PennLive.com

San Francisco Giants Settles Debt With Prince Fielder

Like I said I cannot stand the American League so I hope the Giants sweep but then after that it's payback time.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
M. City:
Quote:
Like I said I cannot stand the American League so I hope the Giants sweep but then after that it's payback time.
Do you mean during the offseason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball