Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times

Advertisements

I feel for the Yankees, after spending tons of money to go out and get Texiera, CC, Berkman and others to fill a complete roster will good players they were soundly butt kicked by the Texas Rangers who out played, out smarted, out hit, out pitched and out managed the Yankees and beat them at their own game.

With a roster like the Yankees have they should be on their way to another purchase of a world series but they are not.

Good for baseball that Texas with players who play hard every inning of every game and appear to be a team instead of selfish money grabbers like the Yankees have.

Hate to say it but now maybe the Yankees will finally stop spending money on players who do not perform when they are needed.

This is a good thing for basball when a team who has a payroll like they do gets their butts kicked so badly.

Congrats to Josh Hamilton, a player I have watched go from a total disaster with problems in his personal life to now one of the best players in the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 09:50 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I feel for the Yankees, after spending tons of money to go out and get Texiera, CC, Berkman and others to fill a complete roster will good players they were soundly butt kicked by the Texas Rangers who out played, out smarted, out hit, out pitched and out managed the Yankees and beat them at their own game.

With a roster like the Yankees have they should be on their way to another purchase of a world series but they are not.

Good for baseball that Texas with players who play hard every inning of every game and appear to be a team instead of selfish money grabbers like the Yankees have.

Hate to say it but now maybe the Yankees will finally stop spending money on players who do not perform when they are needed.

This is a good thing for basball when a team who has a payroll like they do gets their butts kicked so badly.
I hate the Yankees, but this isn't what happened.

Yes, the Rangers won, but not because the Yankees didn't play hard or because the Rangers are better humans.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:57 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,976 times
Quote:
Using your logic, they should win every year. But they don't. So you're not very logical.

Quote:
You don't even watch baseball, do you? No, you don't.

Quote:

Says a person who has spent exactly zero dollars going to baseball games this year. Do you have anything else to add? Of course you do...

Quote:
Congrats to Josh Hamilton, a player I have watched go from a total disaster with problems in his personal life to now one of the best players in the game.
Nah, too easy...

Old 10-23-2010, 10:09 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,110 times
The same tired and old stupid story

Old 10-23-2010, 10:27 PM

908 posts, read 1,829,184 times
At least the Yankees have fans unlike Florida teams. lol

Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:

For once, I agree with you 100%. Good post.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I hate the Yankees, but this isn't what happened.

Yes, the Rangers won, but not because the Yankees didn't play hard or because the Rangers are better humans.

I never said that at all.

The end result is what counted and the Rangers flat out kicked a paid for bunch of chokers who taught they could just walk into the WS.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Using your logic, they should win every year. But they don't. So you're not very logical.

You don't even watch baseball, do you? No, you don't.

How would you know and yes I do. So using your logic you of course are wrong.

Says a person who has spent exactly zero dollars going to baseball games this year. Do you have anything else to add? Of course you do...

Wrong again, went to many Reds games and even went to a sorry Indian game.

Nah, too easy...

You must have a crystal ball to know what people do.

I probably "went" to more games then you did. Watching them on TV does not count now.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
At least the Yankees have fans unlike Florida teams. lol

I am not a Florida fan and do not live in Florida yet.

Guess you wasted your time Philly fan.

Should have read before you posted.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:06 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:

First off you need to analyze the Yankees a little better. If you want to talk about choke artists, maybe you need to pick a team that isn't the winningest in professional sports. Choke artist-definitely not. Yes- they lost but your bias is a little ridiculous. In a 5 or 7 game series any team can possibly beat the other. I wonder what the odds were for a SF/Texas World Series? Probably the slimmest odds based on the 4 teams that entered the championship series. That just goes to show you. Also if you do analyze the Yankees you'd realize that there are a bunch of players on the roster that came up through the organization. Also good ownership and scouts know when to go after certain players, like when the scouts pointed to Swisher who was coming off a bad year; what about Scoot Brosius? Remember him? Why don't you try these names... Cano, Jeter, Gardner, Posada, Cervelli, Pettitte, Hughes, Joba, Mariano, Ramiro Pena, Thames, Nick Johnson...and there a probably a few more that have slipped my mind right now. Most teams go after free agents, don't be upset if we are able to acquire some of the better ones and that my organizations commitment to winning can't be surpassed by anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball