Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,704,907 times

Advertisements

I went in 2005 for 3 spring training games in Florida.

Melbourne, FL Spacecoast Stadium...Marlins Vs Nationals

Vero Beach, FL Dodgers Vs Mets

Orlando, FL Braves vs Tigers

I probably would have been to FL again if the Dodgers had not moved. I live in Virginia so a trip down to Florida is a good 12 hour drive almost so I really do not know if I'll ever go down again. I enjoyed the spring training games but I think the only time I'd ever go back down there is if it happens to work in with another trip I might have planned.

I would like to go to Arizona to see the Dodgers play but I'm still yet to go to LA to see them play so it would make sense if I'm going to fly across the country to just go to LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 04:46 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,330,833 times
In 2006 I went to Arizona for ST. Which, indirectly, led to my breaking up with my girlfriend of the time...but anyway.

I went to these games:
Angels and Cubs
A's and Padres
Giants and Brewers
Rockies and DBacks
Rockies and Padres

The (baseball related) hi-light of the trip was meeting these guys from Milwaukee at the Giants game. We headed over to LF and proceeded to talk **** to B*nds for as long as he was in the game.

One of the Milwaukee guys yelled to B*nds, "Barry! Was it the cream or the clear today?" to which B*nds responded "Both"

Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,175,651 times
As well as attending a few dozen of their games, I worked for the Single A (Florida State League) Miami Marlins for parts of two summers. The first year I was a delivery person. Whenever the Marlins had a special promotion where they sold blocks of tickets to merchants to be distributed to kids or whoever was the beneficiary of the special promotion, my job was driving around town delivering the tickets and collecting the money. The following summer I returned and was promoted to the position of soliciting merchant purchases of said tickets. Along with the minimum wage which they paid teenagers in those days, I also was allowed to pick a half dozen games to attend for free. I expected that my free tickets would be mediocre or lousy location wise, but the club came through on this end of the deal. My tickets were front row, just past the Marlins dugout on the firstbase side. At one of those games, I got two foul balls in consecutive innings. I'd love to pretend that I made great catches, but in truth the first one struck the field right in front of me and floated up into the air right into my hands. The second was one which several of us tried to catch, but fell to the ground where I was able to snatch it before anyone else.

In the process of my duties, I briefly met Jim Palmer and Don Baylor, but they were 20 year old nobodies at the time and they didn't mean anything more to me than did the other players on the roster who failed to advance to stardom. And of course I meant even less to them.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,992,162 times
I've never been but I am fortunate enough to be traveling to Scottsdale/Tempe next week on business. I am going to check out a Rockies game while there. I'm a Red Sox fan living in CO so I'll be a Rockies fan for the day.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 AM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,706 posts, read 14,106,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I've never been but I am fortunate enough to be traveling to Scottsdale/Tempe next week on business. I am going to check out a Rockies game while there. I'm a Red Sox fan living in CO so I'll be a Rockies fan for the day.
Brand new stadium for the Rockies/Diamondbacks.

We're gonna hit the Brewers/Diamondbacks next weekend in Maryvale.

Planning on a trip to Mesa to see the Cubbies.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:49 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,245,456 times
have fun

I'll be in glendale on sunday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball