Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2016, 10:46 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,396,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave View Post
It'll be an entertaining ALCS. Both are fun teams to watch and it's a pretty even matchup. Gut says Indians in 6, but personally I'll be rooting for the Jays.
But I'm still rooting for the Indians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 09:08 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Terrific sweep for the Indians. Now they will play Toronto. I'm pretty confident that the Indians will make it to the World Series because they've been playing very well against Toronto.
(4) 1 run games between the two teams this year. Including a 19 inning game. I don't think either team had the advantage. The only advantage I see Cleveland's pen/pen options > The Bluejays. But the Jays have more ability to turn a 1/2 run game into 4/5 run game with a few swings.

The Jays knocked Kluber around pretty badly in one game and then he pitched great in another. Bauer if I recall had a great start as well. Tomlin makes me nervous against their lineup.

The Indians need to go Miller/Shaw/Salazar(hopefully he's back)/Allen/Otero for the Bauer and Tomlin games. I think the Indians respected Boston's lineup and had a few elevated counts as a result so hopefully we can get some 25-30 pitch 2 inning outings from Miller and Allen so they can go back to back.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:46 PM

If the Indians make the World Series, I can only hope for that they don't play the Cubs because the Brewers had a hard time all season playing against them, especially at Wrigley.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:35 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
Quote:
If the Indians make the World Series, I can only hope for that they don't play the Cubs because the Brewers had a hard time all season playing against them, especially at Wrigley.

The good thing is the Indians will only play a maximum of 3 games at Wrigley Field. Plus, the Indians are a better team than the Brewers are. Not much better because the Brewers had some young guys in the 2nd half of the season came up and played really well, but the Indians would still win 9 of 10 series against the Brewers all things being equal.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The good thing is the Indians will only play a maximum of 3 games at Wrigley Field. Plus, the Indians are a better team than the Brewers are. Not much better because the Brewers had some young guys in the 2nd half of the season came up and played really well, but the Indians would still win 9 of 10 series against the Brewers all things being equal.
The thing is, Milwaukee has had bad teams for years. They've only had at least 3 playoff appearances. Cleveland, on the other hand, has made the playoffs a few times more than Milwaukee. Milwaukee hasn't been to the World Series in 1982.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:14 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,236,784 times
Had a friend that was talking Browns with me.....talking about how the Red Right 88 Sipe Browns were our best chance to win the Super Bowl, even though the Kosar teams were more star-filled, because the NFC teams were not as strong as usual that year. Made me think of the parallel to this year's Indians.
I think even more than in the 90's, the Indians have their best chance to win a World Series now...not because of the star-studded lineup (not nearly what we were in the 90's, though still very good) but because I think that Boston and Toronto were/are the teams to beat in all of MLB, even with the Cubs' hot start. In short, the NL is not what they usually are.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:46 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,326,854 times
Milwaukee has nothing to do with how these teams will fare in the ALCS.

Playoff appearances over the past 30-40 years also have nothing to do with this year's teams.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Milwaukee has nothing to do with how these teams will fare in the ALCS.

Playoff appearances over the past 30-40 years also have nothing to do with this year's teams.
Don't think I am trolling here. If you think I'm off topic, then I will say this instead: Cleveland, has stepped up after starting off slow and they've proved it. Their pitching was great and their players stepped up. If they can eliminate Toronto they will make it to the World Series. With that being said.

I will also say this: if the Indians make the playoffs more, the better team they will become because this team has been great this year and I would like to see the Indians play in the World Series IF they eliminate the Blue Jays because they've played very well against Toronto this year.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 10-11-2016 at 07:27 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Don't think I am trolling here. If you think I'm off topic, then I will say this instead: Cleveland, has stepped up after starting off slow and they've proved it. Their pitching was great and their players stepped up. If they can eliminate Toronto they will make it to the World Series. With that being said.

I will also say this: if the Indians make the playoffs more, the better team they will become because this team has been great this year and I would like to see the Indians play in the World Series IF they eliminate the Blue Jays because they've played very well against Toronto this year.
What?

If they beat the Jays they are in the WS.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Had a friend that was talking Browns with me.....talking about how the Red Right 88 Sipe Browns were our best chance to win the Super Bowl, even though the Kosar teams were more star-filled, because the NFC teams were not as strong as usual that year. Made me think of the parallel to this year's Indians.
I think even more than in the 90's, the Indians have their best chance to win a World Series now...not because of the star-studded lineup (not nearly what we were in the 90's, though still very good) but because I think that Boston and Toronto were/are the teams to beat in all of MLB, even with the Cubs' hot start. In short, the NL is not what they usually are.
I tend to agree. Browns wouldn't be able to handle the 86 Giants pass rush and the next season the Redskins offense was pretty darn prolific.

Indians fan here...Start of the playoffs the three teams I didn't want to see: Cubs,Red Soxs, Giants. Cubs pitching can be lethal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball