Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:50 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times

Advertisements

Ruben Rivera

‪Ruben Rivera's Baserunning Spectacular (feat. Jon Miller)‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 12:43 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Anyone who has a lifetime average under the Mendoza line deserves to be mentioned.

Mendoza is number one for a reason.

Many players come to mind that are worse then some of these but I am too tired to remember names.

Right off the bat I can think of Kurt Stillwell. Who was suppose to be the starting SS on the Cincinnati Reds ahead of Barry Larkin.

LOL at Todd Benzinger another Reds superstar to be.

Growing up a Reds fan I remember so many players in the 80's were would make a list like this if they had even lasted through the first year.

Cannot remember the catcher on the Reds who was so bad he could not throw the ball from home plate to second base on the fly. How did he ever get that far is beyond me.

He was also the one we watched snagging fly balls in the outfield during spring training in Plant City Fla and was chased by a croc that got under the plastic fence on the left field line.

Steve Balboni and Rob Deer are two that come to mind as well.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post

Cannot remember the catcher on the Reds who was so bad he could not throw the ball from home plate to second base on the fly. How did he ever get that far is beyond me.

He was also the one we watched snagging fly balls in the outfield during spring training in Plant City Fla and was chased by a croc that got under the plastic fence on the left field line.

Was that Johnny Edwards? He stepped with his right foot when he threw the ball back to the pitcher.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:47 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Was that Johnny Edwards? He stepped with his right foot when he threw the ball back to the pitcher.
Nah, he was way before my time.

Anyone remember the day Jose Canseco got popped in the head with the fly ball? I still believe that is one of the most memorable bone headed plays I have ever witnessed. Other then his steriod HR's he would be making this list as he could not do anything but hit. He and his roid buddy McGwire both were not very good at playing other then the roid balls they hit out of the park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball