Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:42 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times

Advertisements

Looks like something out of a county fair/carnival/circus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Once upon a time, people went to the ballpark to see a baseball game. I guess that era has ended.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Saint View Post
WOW! I think the ownership should be drug tested if both this Logo and sickening Home Run Visual are truly going to be used. I thought Loria was some kind of an art collector/dealer. It's got to be a joke nobody has taste this bad!
I guess the intention was to make it "SO Miami"....?

Old 10-13-2011, 11:23 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Once upon a time, people went to the ballpark to see a baseball game. I guess that era has ended.
which is kind of funny coming from a mets fan.........

don't be bitter

this will now make it every team in the NL east that has a cheesy gimick after HRs

The nationals have some fireworks type thing that goes off ... hard to find a picture of it though ... i've had the misfortune of listening to the nats home crew work before and they get really excited about it .... plus there was that time when they went off when the ball didn't leave the park and it caused confusion

Not a huge fan of most of these, but they are definitely common and people are going to games to watch the guy hit it out, more than any of the stadium effects when they do

Old 10-13-2011, 09:33 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Not too long ago, when The Ballpark in Arlington was known as "Ameriquest Field" [], there was a bell...

Don't remember if it rang during a home run, don't really care. All I know is, when the 'suit and tie' name went, so did the bell. And THANK.... GOD.... IT'S GONE. It's called Rangers Ballpark in Arlington instead of just 'The Ballpark', but I'm sure even people who've never even been to Texas know that we just call it 'The Ballpark' regardless of what someone slaps on the building.

Gimmicks are ok for baseball parks, they can get away with them. But dude, there's a limit...

Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
yeah - although honestly i'd rather see a misguided attempt at doing something a little funky than doing what the braves did - which was put a giant chick-fil-a advertisement on top of their stadium and then try to setup that bit around it

i love the giants stadium and they can almost pull of the giant coke bottle .......... almost

Old 10-15-2011, 12:18 PM

1,632 posts, read 483,499 times
I like the ringing Liberty Bell at Citizens Bank Park and I also like the steam train that takes off [occasionally] after an Astros' homerun at Minute Maid Field. Plus, I'd like to slide down that slide at Miller Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball