Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rangers vs Cards?
Rangers! 35 56.45%
Cards! 22 35.48%
My team lost but I like Cake! 5 8.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,605,720 times

Advertisements

And now a Game 7. Game 6 proved how great this world series really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 11:37 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
I've always been a Lance Berkman fan dating back to his time with the Astros. So I would cringe every time he got to the plate. I thought to my self, I understand walking Pujos but don't under estimate Lance...and sure enough he knocks one out of the park

Anyhow, this is really turning into a series for the books and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's final game.

So who our starting pictures? Carpenter and Holland?

Old 10-27-2011, 11:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Best damn game I have EVER seen the Cards play, and I have been a fan my whole life.
Freese is awesome!!!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 01:34 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,850,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Josh Hamilton 2 Run Jack

Cardinals 8% Win Expectancy

How about one with stunned Washington watching the walk-off homer bury him and his team??

-Cheers.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:22 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE GAME LAST NIGHT! The Cards are like a cat. Nine lives they have. Truly amazing. I'm so excited of Game 7. Woot!

This has been such a great World Series. I feel almost feel sorry for those who stop watching when their team goes out. They sure have missed some great baseball.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:42 AM

439 posts, read 896,327 times
Now THAT game last night was what baseball needed to bolster their ratings! Reminded me of that '07 one game playoff between the Padres and the Rockies. Ahh baseball, how I love thee...

Old 10-28-2011, 06:58 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Incredibe game. I thought Hamilton put it away in the top of the tenth, but it was not to be.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:20 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Unbelievable Game 6. Drank too much, but it was worth it -- at least it was last night. lol!

I know Washington's going to take a beating in the press. The only decision I really thought he blew was keeping Holland in the game and bringing him to the plate with the bases loaded. Definitely a case of an AL manager not being familiar with how to use a bench in an NL game. I'm not really sure I would have used Holland at all, to be honest, because I think he would have been better for a game 7, either as a starter or a middle reliever.

Otherwise, I thought most of Washington's decisions made sense. His players just didn't get it done.

Definitely pulling for the Cardinals, but the way I see it, we've already won even if we lose. The Cards have already done the unthinkable this season. They've stretched it as far as it can possibly go. Tonight's a gravy game as far as I'm concerned. It's been a great year. I just hope we get good baseball again. Hard to top last night, but who knows...maybe the best has been saved for last.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Today I feel like a resident of Mudville...

and frankly does anyone really think the Rangers' PITCHING can toe the rubber and make this happen today when they could not last night???
The Rangers on paper look like Series champs but the devil is in the details and the cojones...
and the managing...
Walk Pujols for Berkman--the best hitter in the series???? Who is paying attention to the stats???
Pujols has not been that great except for the one night rodeo...putting Pujols on base and pitching to Berkman was just stupid...it was listening to Armchair Larry vs paying attention to evidence...
not cool...

Hamilton certainly waited for the right moment to uncork his magic in this series...
too bad his teammates on the pitching side could not hold themselves together and get their part of the bargain done...

And PS--that was not HOLLAND who came to bat with bases loaded--that was the starter Lewis--who was a klutz on the field and at the plate--
that was the first major error Washington made in the game--but he made a couple more that did not help his team win...

Old 10-28-2011, 08:24 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Lance Berkman is the King of this World Series!
I hope the Cardinals win.
Hopefully tonight, neither team will make stupid fielding errors and get their signals straight. And, please, don't let yourself get picked off from third base.

Last edited by Visvaldis; 10-28-2011 at 08:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball