Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 06:54 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,082,624 times

Advertisements

Drew Silva
Dec 10, 2011, 7:47 PM EST

54 Comments
Getty Images

According to Mark Fainaru-Wada and T.J. Quinn of ESPN.com, Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug.
Braun, who won the 2011 National League MVP Award, is disputing the result through arbitration. If it is upheld, he will face a 50-game suspension.
It should be noted that Major League Baseball has not once overturned the result of a PED test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 07:42 PM

8,237 posts, read 23,273,278 times
Since being informed of the results, Braun has been disputing his case. A source close to Braun said that when he was told about the positive test, he immediately requested to be tested again. That second test, the source said, was not positive. Those close to Braun believe that the difference between the two tests will show that the first test was invalid.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:44 PM

926 posts, read 1,265,217 times
I don't know whether Braun is guilty or wrongly accused. I'll wait until the decision from arbitration. But as a baseball fan I've lost so much respect for MLB because of all the cheating. A strong 'ethics' clause should be added to every contract which gives team(s) authority to void the contract or inflict some type of punitive damages from these players.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:46 PM

5,793 posts, read 14,006,030 times
Ryan - you got some splainin' to do. And it better be good.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:55 PM

All I am hoping for is a little jewish pardon since the comish is a milwaukee guy and he is jewish and braun is a milwaukee guy and jewish hopefully he rules in our favor!

Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 PM

Really? If Bud does he'll be outed and rightfully so.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Since being informed of the results, Braun has been disputing his case. A source close to Braun said that when he was told about the positive test, he immediately requested to be tested again. That second test, the source said, was not positive. Those close to Braun believe that the difference between the two tests will show that the first test was invalid.

How long was it after the first test that he tested again? How long after he was informed about testing positive did he take it again? If someone has enough time they might be able to mask it. So taking the test again after knowing is going to be a problem for him. If people are getting false positives this might be a problem. But so far, no one has tested positive that wasn't dirty that I'm aware in the MLB.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:13 PM

"I hope everyone allows the appeal process to go through for RB8. People don't realize the smallest tainted supplement can be a positive test. He has been tested on same guidelines for years, so it could happen to anyone who doesn't watch what they take. Thanks for all the support"

-Chris Narveson pitcher on the Brewers Facebook post.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,234,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
All I am hoping for is a little jewish pardon since the comish is a milwaukee guy and he is jewish and braun is a milwaukee guy and jewish hopefully he rules in our favor!
Jewish pardon? Please,don't drag down my religion now and no, everyone should not be considered dirty.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Brewers Blog - JSOnline

"I just talked to someone familiar with Ryan Braun's positive drug test and he insisted that the Brewers' star left fielder will be cleared on the appeal process and that this information never should have come out.
The ESPN report said Braun tested positive for an abnormally high level of testosterone in his system. No player ever has had a positive drug test overturned in appeal.
If Braun’s suspension is upheld, it would start at the beginning of the 2012 regular season. Brewers spokesman Tyler Barnes said the club had not been informed by the commissioner’s office that Braun tested positive for a banned substance and faced a suspension.
Creative Artists Agency, which represents Braun did release a statement indicating the positive test is being vehemently disputed:
“There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate that there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident that he will ultimately be exonerated.”

-Tom Haudricourt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball