Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Ryan Braun Vindicated?
Yes he is innocent 6 20.69%
No I still think he juiced! 24 82.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,377,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
That is one of the more annoying aspects of the steroid age, not knowing. That is why it is a problem which will be around for quite a while now as the Roid Stars retire and become elligible for the HoF. If Arod plays another five seasons, it won't be until 2022 when they vote on him for the first time.

What will really make it all much worse is if they enshrine someone who was never named as a user, and a year or two later it comes out that he too had been a juicer. Everyone is a suspect....well, everyone except the ones we already know for sure.
A-roid is under contract for 6 more years and would need to average only 21 dingers per season to catch Aaron. This accomplishment would earn him the dubious distinction of always having his name mentioned in the same sentence with Bonds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,978 times
Quote:
Braun tested clean 3 times last season and 23 times during his whole career.
To me, this speaks volumes.

So, Braun simply decided that NOW was a good time to start using PEDs? If you were to assume he was using PEDs for a while... why all the negative test results? Did he switch to a new version of PED at the end of the season that was picked up by the test? Are the MLB tests bogus anyway? Why did he pass so many tests if he's been taking PEDs for awhile. Shouldn't he have had 10 positive tests instead of just 1?

Is there something that happens to a urine sample kept a few extra days before testing that could elevate the levels (that's a question for an expert)?

The problem right now is that the test results are only strengthening baseball fans predisposed thinking on whether a player is "juicing" or not. If you consider that people rush to judgment when a player tests positive... then if that test is overturned for ANY reason, people should assume he is not juicing.

He'll either be caught again... or maybe... if he WAS using PEDs, he'd stop. And that's the purpose of the MLB drug testing policy: to discourage players from doing it. So, its a win-win.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,109,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
A-roid is under contract for 6 more years and would need to average only 21 dingers per season to catch Aaron. This accomplishment would earn him the dubious distinction of always having his name mentioned in the same sentence with Bonds.
I think that he has already achieved that distinction. The further we get from the steroid era, the more the entire saga will be concentrated for convenient summary as history. I envision Bonds as the captain of a quartet which will have come to symbolize the juicing of everyone. It will be Bonds, Clemens, McGwire and Arod. The other scandal stars such as Canseco, Palmiero, Sosa, Manny, Giambi et al, will form a secondary squad, and behind them will be a supporting cast of those suspected but not caught, such as Brady Anderson and Luis Gonzalez, but they only get mentioned in treatments which are exploring the episode in depth.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:24 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,740 times
Have him undergo a few surprise tests during the season.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:32 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,816,671 times
Might be a rough year for the Brew Crew. Prince is gone, and Braun will be juiceless. With the Pirates beefing up their rotation, the only thing that might save the Brewers from the cellar is the Astros and maybe the Cubs. That division will be a Reds-Cards battle, with the Buccos nipping at their heels.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:04 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
A Witch!.......burnnnnnnnnnn him!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
In speaking to media, Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun proud of 'integrity' | MLB.com: News

A defiant and emotional Ryan Braun emphatically declared his innocence after reporting to Brewers camp on Friday, a day after winning his appeal of a 50-game drug suspension. In prepared remarks unlike any other from a player accused under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program, Braun provided a step-by-step account of his defense and declared himself "the victim of a process that completely broke down and failed."
"The simple truth," Braun said, "is that I'm innocent."

Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 PM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Have him undergo a few surprise tests during the season.
If I was Braun I'd be thinking about that scenario.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
If I was Braun I'd be thinking about that scenario.
25 passed test in his career and 4 during last season, don't think it will ever be a problem again.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:58 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,109,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
25 passed test in his career and 4 during last season, don't think it will ever be a problem again.
Damn straight. I understand he has hired a much more reliable clean urine supplier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball