Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 09:49 AM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times

Advertisements

Is anyone besides me starting to think DeGrom is pulling a work slowdown? Maybe he is tired of never getting a win and wants a trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 09:53 AM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Is anyone besides me starting to think DeGrom is pulling a work slowdown? Maybe he is tired of never getting a win and wants a trade.
No. I think he needs to stop throwing 100mph several times as much as every other MLB pitcher.

I'd like to see him pitch to contact the bottom of the order, every single time.

I'd also like to see club get Kimbrel and a 4/5 style starter. I no longer trust Lugo, 3HR in 17 2/3 and too fragile in terms of pitching consecutive days. I'd go with Loup/Kimbrel/Diaz at end of games. Move Lugo to middle innings until/if he gets his stuff back.

Diaz stunk last night, but had Rojas given Loup the 8th, the game stays out of Pirates reach. Loup has been as solid as Lugo WAS.

I'd consider Lugo as trade bait, btw.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:15 AM

It could be subconscious. Don't all pitchers arms hurt to some extent?

Old 07-18-2021, 07:32 PM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No. I think he needs to stop throwing 100mph several times as much as every other MLB pitcher.

I'd like to see him pitch to contact the bottom of the order, every single time.

I'd also like to see club get Kimbrel and a 4/5 style starter. I no longer trust Lugo, 3HR in 17 2/3 and too fragile in terms of pitching consecutive days. I'd go with Loup/Kimbrel/Diaz at end of games. Move Lugo to middle innings until/if he gets his stuff back.

Diaz stunk last night, but had Rojas given Loup the 8th, the game stays out of Pirates reach. Loup has been as solid as Lugo WAS.

I'd consider Lugo as trade bait, btw.
A power pitcher pitching to contact in the big leagues is a recipe for disaster. That comes at an advanced age and needs an off-season and spring training to work on.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:01 PM

Minor move but hey we got Hill for squat, and a 4-5 inning starter behind our Big 3 once JD is back, along with Megill as the other 4/5 is suitable for now.

I would not mind another 4/5 guy still BUT at a modest cost.

With the pen strong, despite the last 7 days, we do not need Berrios unless the price to get him is modest.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:07 PM

The Mets should have been proactive and played tomorrow's game today in a doubleheader. The forecast is bad. Why doesn't baseball think of this brilliant idea?

Old 07-24-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
The Mets should have been proactive and played tomorrow's game today in a doubleheader. The forecast is bad. Why doesn't baseball think of this brilliant idea?
I doubt the agreement with the players union would allow it.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:21 PM

Fun doubleheader vs Braves, 3 runs total, split. Both teams got out of jams well.

Some real good D, some goofy play. Alonso loses ball hit straight up, 82 degree angle, in lights. Braves 2nd baseman gets ball in short rf, throws it to on deck circle, w/o McCann advancing past first.

I wish Rojas would move struggling Lugo out of 8th inning hold role.

Outside of our closer, Loup is our best reliever IMO at this time, then Familia, then Lugo.

Now he needed Loup to open, but I would have held Familia for 6th. (the 8th equivalent in doubleheader 7 inning games.)

Old 07-28-2021, 05:34 AM

Where is our front office? Consistently the organization mistakes a trade deadline for "cannot trade until ten minutes before a deadline". We have NO use for Mauricio except as a trade chip.

If we can hold on to the East, although West holds path forward in post season, we may be their biggest threat. Assuming Thor pitches in October, I suspect he becomes lethal bullpen weapon in post season.

Just need one more starter in case Carrasco or JD have issues next few weeks. Not an ace, just a 4/5 type starter. Not rocket science. My hunch is Dollar General Shopper Alderson still pulls the strings-not Scott. STOP fearing you overpay a little.

But what if we get another Strasburg style contract? News flash: In 2019, Nats won the WS on his back. Stop thinking the only successful contract is one where the team underpays every year.

We have the same opportunity we had in 2015, when we did not enter October as even NL front runners. Cubs white washed us in regular season. LA was more formidable.

We need a front office who understands more than tonight's starter for a change, but rather sees the big picture.

I like Cohen, and he needed Alderson to get approved, but IMO Alderson needs to go in any official function, and , at that point, Scott should be given a year to see if he is adequate.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:17 PM

Mets 2021 injuries horrific. Braves lose Acuna, a superstar who is their best player.

Yet both have played superbly in 3 of 4 games at Citi. Mets were awful behind Eickhoff, but other 3 games are October worthy like style nail biters.

I am a hard core Met fan, but applauding BOTH teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball