Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 04:15 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,526,809 times

Advertisements

Rogers Clemens was found not guilty on all eight counts of lyig to congress by jury. I think this is second trial o same issue. Government need to egt off his ass( ecuse the language), I think perhaps congress should pay some of his legal bills as they seemd desprite to convicted the guy on something.There needs to be soe type of penalty for governamnt fsdoig thsese type thinsg when they lose after constantly bring charge. Reminds me of Switxer. he would satythinkigthey would fianlly plea and the only case that went to court ;he loss wne he was attorney general of New york.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 04:24 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,179,618 times
As a poster (who is a lawyer in Texas) on another board said:

"I would say "what a waste of government money." But that would imply that this trial was a bigger waste than most other gov't endeavors.

Seriously. Regardless of whether Clemens is a liar (he is) and an a-hole (definitely), what's the f'n point? It's a crime to lie to Congress? Seriously? A body that requires you to lie in order to join it? What a joke. What a pathetic freaking joke."

Old 06-18-2012, 04:25 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,791,229 times
Pathetic. Remeber kids, If you have the Capital you don't do the Punishment.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:54 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,307,911 times
It's sad, but I kinda agree: the government needs to fry bigger fish and let sports police themselves. This is the second time that an athlete who was obviously doing roids has either gotten off completely or been busted for inconsistent testimony to authorities and nothing else. It's really low bang for the prosecutorial buck.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:55 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,307,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
As a poster (who is a lawyer in Texas) on another board said:

"I would say "what a waste of government money." But that would imply that this trial was a bigger waste than most other gov't endeavors.

Seriously. Regardless of whether Clemens is a liar (he is) and an a-hole (definitely), what's the f'n point? It's a crime to lie to Congress? Seriously? A body that requires you to lie in order to join it? What a joke. What a pathetic freaking joke."
Well, my friend, we don't always agree on political issues, but you've got a point there. lol!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:13 PM

833 posts, read 1,707,605 times
ESPN said regardless of acquital, Clemens will face the same fate as Mark McGuire...................no hall of fame in the future

Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 PM

48,564 posts, read 23,980,005 times
The eight Black Sox players were also found not guilty by a jury.....I guess that must mean that they didn't really fix the games.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:06 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,630,684 times
The entire issue for me was the government sticking their nose into this.. WHY? what a waste of time and money.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this case.. Congress is FULL OF HYPOCRITES!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,630,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
The eight Black Sox players were also found not guilty by a jury.....I guess that must mean that they didn't really fix the games.
I don't think any one questions whether Clemens was juiced or not and he will get his punishment via the HOF voters.. What the FEDs were doing was A WASTE of TIME/MONEY! It was a joke and the jurors agreed.. it just goes to show you the types of folks living in Washington.. douche' bags.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,529,899 times
The real joke is Congress (your government, not mine) has never told the truth since the days of George Washington yet they love to call others liars and go after them with MINE AND YOURS money that could have been used for better things.

I suspect we all agree this was a total waste of money despite how we feel about the man. Pizz on the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball