Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM

536 posts, read 1,193,530 times

Advertisements

the mets collapse was unreal. being a yankees fan im loving every minute of it . but give the phillies credit for not giving up and winning down the stretch. looking forward to the one game playoff for the wildcard tomorrow between the rockies and padres.

what is your WS predictions?

i think it will be a yankees vs arizona rematch of 2001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,876 times
How incredibly awesome would Cubbies & Yankees be?! (And I'm a Philadelphian.)

Yeah, reading the Yankee message boards have been quite entertaining, to say the least. WFAN should be "interesting" tomorrow. (Yankees several months ago, anyone??)

Philly's FO will find a way to screw their best players if, God forbid, it's them in the WS. They'll be on other teams even quicker -- especially Rollins if he stays healthy & productive -- they'd try to pay him LESS somehow ... or trade him for somebody injury-prone... (mark my words.)

Old 09-30-2007, 08:09 PM

262 posts, read 300,044 times
cubbies redsox im redsox fan and it kills me to say this cubs in 7

Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,903 times
I"m glad the Mets had this monumental collapse....I'm sure it will be talked about in the post season as one of the biggest chokes ever...and we'll all be reminded of the Yankees choke in 2004. That's always a good thing to be reminded of.

NY = CHOKE

Old 09-30-2007, 08:56 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times
As a Yankee fan, I could not be happier! Don't tell anyone, but I secretly have a very special place in my heart for those Fightin' Phils.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:52 AM

536 posts, read 1,193,530 times
if the yankees dont win the WS i would want the phillies to win it

Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
i think it will be LA Angels shocking everybody and making it to the world series. i think Ariz will make it also.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:33 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
How incredibly awesome would Cubbies & Yankees be?! (And I'm a Philadelphian.)
I don't like the Yankees but if they play the cubbies (insert barfing smiley)
I'll be their biggest fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:55 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan74 View Post
the mets collapse was unreal. being a yankees fan im loving every minute of it . but give the phillies credit for not giving up and winning down the stretch. looking forward to the one game playoff for the wildcard tomorrow between the rockies and padres.

what is your WS predictions?

i think it will be a yankees vs arizona rematch of 2001

As a Phils fan, this season was unbelievable. The Phils were on fire at the same time the classless Mutts had an epic choke.

I honestly believe it will be a Yankees-Phillies series. That would be unbelievable here in NE PA, as the Yanks and Phils are the two biggest teams here.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
As a Yankee fan, I could not be happier! Don't tell anyone, but I secretly have a very special place in my heart for those Fightin' Phils.

I'm finding that most Yankee fans seem to be rooting for the Phillies. I've normally been a Yankee hater, but I find it hard to root against this year's Yankees. They came back from the dead when everyone counted them out, and it was mainly due to the young guys like Hughes, Joba, Duncan, Clippard, Wright, Cabrera, etc. I like this year's Yankee team and hope they make it to the series (to lose to the Phils, of course). Plus, it makes Mets fans suffer even more after their choke when the Yankees are winning.

Plus, even though he wasn't always a hard-nose player in the field, I always liked Bobby Abreu. Tons of talent, and always a classy guy....he had nothing but good to say about Philly after he was traded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball