Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:46 AM

3,719 posts, read 5,677,435 times

Advertisements

Drew Storen Death Threats: Nationals Closer Draws Threats On Twitter After Loss To Cardinals

I don't know about you guys but those particular tweets that were publicized on there and anyone else who made similar comments aren't true baseball fans. They sound like bandwagon fans, imo.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 05:26 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,938,653 times
Totally, totally ridiculous. We are finding out that the internet is becoming the ultimate place to seeing people thoughts and just how crazy people really can be. I doubt that any of those people would go through with it or even say it to his face. It's so easy to hide behind a screen and say these things, but really these people are just cowards. And yes they are bandwagon fans. These are likely the same fans who said we should have played Strasburg, but couldn't name another starter in our rotation prior to the playoffs.

As far as Drew, I feel bad for him. He had a bad outing, obviously, and was over thinking things. Even with that said, a lot of people can share the blame. Gio got wild and opened the door for the beginning of their comeback, Edwin Jackson almost single-handedly gave up a 3 run lead, Tyler Clippard gave up a homer and in my opinion Davey Johnson made some questionable decisions. I like Davey a lot, but sometimes he trust his guys too much. I think he should have had someone else in the pen warming up once Storen gave up the first two runs. The stage is too big not to consider other options.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,681,204 times
Its not Drew Storen' fault, he was pitching as hard as he possibly could. The manager is at fault for not knowing that Storen was on fumes and didnt have enough to get the job done. As a manager, its your job to know. Same thing happened to Mitch Williams a few decades ago, people forget but Williams was TORCHED by his manager in the previous games, he threw a BILLION pitches and had nothing left and everyone knew it yet he was the one who was blamed. He should have never been in the game in the first place.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,470,935 times
that's crazy, we wouldn't even *be* in the playoffs is it weren't for Drew Storen. There's nothing or nobody to blame really, it's the just the baseball gods' way of sticking it to us long suffering Washington DC sports fans

Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,360,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Drew Storen Death Threats: Nationals Closer Draws Threats On Twitter After Loss To Cardinals

I don't know about you guys but those particular tweets that were publicized on there and anyone else who made similar comments aren't true baseball fans. They sound like bandwagon fans, imo.

Thoughts?
My thoughts: the internet is full of crazy people who vent the hugest **** online, but don't have the werewithal to say it in person.

You don't even have to look too far for that: just go on the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,250,346 times
Quote:
They sound like bandwagon fans, imo.

Thoughts?
They sound like blow hard idiots to me.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:59 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,702,293 times
I haven't heard about any death threats against Valverde. I guess people in Detroit are more civilized.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:57 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,630,000 times
These people are not going to do anything. I got over that game in a few minutes. Nationals lost, their season is done, get over it. Fans take professional sports way too seriously and they have no impact on the game.

They have a winning season, won the division, best record in the MLB, lost to the defending champions. I wish I was at the game. I would of gave the Nationals a standing ovation.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM

3,719 posts, read 5,677,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
These people are not going to do anything. I got over that game in a few minutes. Nationals lost, their season is done, get over it. Fans take professional sports way too seriously and they have no impact on the game.

They have a winning season, won the division, best record in the MLB, lost to the defending champions. I wish I was at the game. I would of gave the Nationals a standing ovation.
That is very classy and professional. Those "fans" should take note of this.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,250,346 times
Quote:
That is very classy and professional. Those "fans" should take note of this.
I disagree.

I don't see it as classy or professional. That behavior should be the expectation, not something above the expectation.

The idiots making death threats, as innocuous as they likely were, were idiots. To suggest that not doing so is classy and professional elevates the idiots to a status they don't deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball