Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 PM

48,564 posts, read 23,987,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Major League Baseball came down heavy Monday on the players it found to have been involved with the South Florida clinic Biogenesis, suspending Alex Rodriguez through the end of the 2014 season and banning 12 others for 50 games, including three All-Stars Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers, Everth Cabrera of the San Diego Padres and Jhonny Peralta of the Detroit Tigers.

Rodriguez is expected to appeal the suspension, equivalent to 211 regular-season games, and will be allowed to play until his appeal is heard, sources told ESPN's T.J. Quinn.
MLB bans 13, including Alex Rodriguez of New York Yankees through 2014 - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 01:51 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
211 games. He should've been banned for life. I've never been impressed with A-Rod.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:52 PM

Rodriguez is eligible to play tonight against the White Sox in Chicago. I bet that he gets a nice, loving reception from the fans there.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:11 PM

556 posts, read 783,829 times
Alex facing Quintana tonight 0/2 with a K and BB. I figure the yanks will probably DL Jeter to make room on the roster.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:32 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,549,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
We don't know the entire scope of the situation and all of the evidence MLB has on him. If this thing gets dragged out, it will get very messy. A Rod is not going to be playing for a very long time.

very long time: tonight in Chicago

Arbitrator not expected to rule till Nov. or Dec.

A-rod is back.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 PM

Rodriguez is batting cleanup for NY and while everyone is anxious to see what sort of reception he gets when he comes to the plate for the first time, events are conspiring to drag it out. In the top of the first the first two Yankee batters were out, but then Cano singled which meant Arod would bat.....except Cano tried to stretch it into a double and was gunned down at second.

Now in the bottom of the inning, the first four Sox hitters singled and after a sac fly, another single and now finally it is over.

Arod due up, ESPN carrying it live.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 PM

Well, they booed the crap out of him, but that was it, no throwing stuff on the field or anything like that.

Rodriguez reached on a bloop single, soft flyball to left an inch out of reach.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:45 PM

26,130 posts, read 48,769,814 times
I'd love to see what happens when he makes his first visit this year to Fenway Park on Friday, 16 Aug.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:18 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,309,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'd love to see what happens when he makes his first visit this year to Fenway Park on Friday, 16 Aug.
That'll be gold. Book that date on the calendar now! lol!

My attitudes about PEDs is different now that it was when it first came out. Not that I've ever been in favor of it, but the fact is that in the late 90s and early 2000s, say what one will, the sport was completely unregulated in that respect. Although I think it's still cheating, I think that when a sport deliberately turns the other way at PEDs, it's telling its players to use them. So they did. I still think Bonds, Clemens, and even Raffy Palmeiro should probably go to the HoF. I know the arguments against, but they basically played during an era of roids.

That was then, this is now. Everyone's on a more level playing field in 2013 and going forward hopefully. I think every player had their notice served after the congressional hearings and the first PEDs suspensions a few years ago. A-Rod was already implicated in the earlier roids scandal. For him to go back and do it again after all this is just begging for a ban. He deserves one. His defense is pathetic. More than that, he's just not a good baseball player anymore. I loved it when Cashman told him to 'shut the f*** up'. Not a Yankees fan but the Cash Man was my hero that day.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:17 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,257,144 times
Do you expect anything different at Fenway?

Did he get cheered in the past and now will get booed?

We in Tampa have been booing him for awhile now -

A-Roid doesn't seem to care - has hit a grand slam and a few other dingers along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball