Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 10:52 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Dodgers have to get rid of Dave Roberts. He cracks under pressure.

I take that back^^. After news that the Astros and Red Sox cheated during their WS run, I'm going to count those two as Dodgers championships. Roberts is good in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 06:23 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I take that back^^. After news that the Astros and Red Sox cheated during their WS run, I'm going to count those two as Dodgers championships. Roberts is good in my book.
Unfathomable that they won't vacate the Asstros' ill-gotten and undeserved title...

Old 01-14-2020, 07:20 AM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Unfathomable that they won't vacate the Asstros' ill-gotten and undeserved title...
Even if they had , they wouldn't give it to a team that didn't win it...just think of the 2017 season as void if you must..

Old 01-14-2020, 07:27 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Even if they had , they wouldn't give it to a team that didn't win it...just think of the 2017 season as void if you must..
I'd be happy with that. I don't want the Dodgers to just get handed the trophy. But by taking it away from the Astros that puts a pretty significant precedent in place to avoid people from cheating again.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I'd be happy with that. I don't want the Dodgers to just get handed the trophy. But by taking it away from the Astros that puts a pretty significant precedent in place to avoid people from cheating again.
And while we are at it lets strip the Cincinnati Reds of 2 WS Championships and the Phillies of their 1980 WS Championship because of Pete Roses gambling . Then we will go and void all the Championships won by teams that had players who were juicing in the 90's , and 00's, how many would that be ?

Old 01-14-2020, 09:38 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
On top of what MLB has done already, I think MLB should just place an asterisk next to the Astros name under 2017 W.S. and let them exist in shame for ever and ever.

And also force them to remove their championship banner from their stadium and team offices. And from all team merchandise.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:22 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times
Quote:
And while we are at it lets strip the Cincinnati Reds of 2 WS Championships and the Phillies of their 1980 WS Championship because of Pete Roses gambling . Then we will go and void all the Championships won by teams that had players who were juicing in the 90's , and 00's, how many would that be ?
bla bla bla. Your location is Houston so I'm assuming you're a Houston fan. You follow a cheating team so no point in debating. Good day.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:27 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times
Quote:
How did Pete Rose's gambling help the Phillies win the 1980 title? Why would you punish a team for an activity by one player which had nothing to do with the outcome of the games?

As for steroids, there weren't any teams which didn't have juicers on the roster at some point or another.

Old 01-14-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
bla bla bla. Your location is Houston so I'm assuming you're a Houston fan. You follow a cheating team so no point in debating. Good day.
Yea keep telling yourself that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
How did Pete Rose's gambling help the Phillies win the 1980 title? Why would you punish a team for an activity by one player which had nothing to do with the outcome of the games?

As for steroids, there weren't any teams which didn't have juicers on the roster at some point or another.
Of course we know it didn't have an effect on the outcome of games because Pete told us so. BTW MLB found it was undeterminable whether sign stealing affected the outcome of games but the punishments were for breaking the rules.

So if everybody is cheating that makes the results somehow more valid ? Does that include individual records ?

Old 01-14-2020, 02:07 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times
Quote:
Yea keep telling yourself that...

Of course we know it didn't have an effect on the outcome of games because Pete told us so. BTW MLB found it was undeterminable whether sign stealing affected the outcome of games but the punishments were for breaking the rules.

So if everybody is cheating that makes the results somehow more valid ? Does that include individual records ?
I asked you how Pete Rose's gambling effected the outcome of the 1980 World Series. Instead of answering you provided a sarcastic remark about Rose's honesty. My point of course is that there is no reason whatsoever to consider the outcome of the 1980 WS as tainted in any manner. You threw that in with steroid use and sign stealing, two things which may have indeed had an impact on the outcome of games. Rose's offense does not belong on that list. Only Rose needs to be punished for his gambling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball