Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 12:18 PM

560 posts, read 581,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Kershaw has pitched really well this season. Curious to see how a shorter season will effect his post season performance if any.
Our boy Kershaw was stellar last night, outdueling Woodruff in a scoreless game until the bottom of the fifth. As long as he gets good run support and he should with this line up, he should be fine. If he has an off night then its pitching by committee, with a staff that led the majors in era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 05:28 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
He had his stuff working last night. Pitched very well. Nice to see. Even the commentators mentioned about making it post season and not winning. He needs to win the WS or will have that hanging over him. Hope he gets it this time.
The commentators were in the bag for the Brewers.
I wish that sometimes they’d just broadcast the game and keep their “expertise” to themselves. Lol

Old 10-02-2020, 06:31 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times
Roberts was playing with fire there though, bringing him out for the 8th inning...heck I was worried when he came out for the 7th. I mean, yeah, it all worked out, Kershaw was dealing and his pitch count was reasonable, and we won the game...this time. But we all know his postseason ERA skyrockets after the 6th inning. We've got a reliable bullpen so he's got to trust in them.

On the other hand, the shortened season has helped Kershaw (and all older players for that matter) stay fresh, so that probably played into Roberts' decision.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:21 AM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Roberts was playing with fire there though, bringing him out for the 8th inning...heck I was worried when he came out for the 7th. I mean, yeah, it all worked out, Kershaw was dealing and his pitch count was reasonable, and we won the game...this time. But we all know his postseason ERA skyrockets after the 6th inning. We've got a reliable bullpen so he's got to trust in them.

On the other hand, the shortened season has helped Kershaw (and all older players for that matter) stay fresh, so that probably played into Roberts' decision.
It’s Jansen who makes me nervous when he comes in to close...especially in a close game.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:29 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:

In reality we are not even half way through a normal season. And Kershaw is usually at his best in June and July.

Old 10-03-2020, 10:31 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:

I agree Roberts probably gambled a little bit in a 3-0 game. But I also think that Roberts is in a tough position with Kenley. I don't think he trusts Jansen & if you bring Kershaw out in the 8th. you need 6 outs in a 3 run game. You could bring in Brudaral in the 8th but then who in the 9th? Trienen had just pitched the day prior so how effective would he be?

Old 10-06-2020, 06:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyCity View Post
Our boy Kershaw was stellar last night, outdueling Woodruff in a scoreless game until the bottom of the fifth. As long as he gets good run support and he should with this line up, he should be fine. If he has an off night then its pitching by committee, with a staff that led the majors in era.
If he continues we should be able to get the World Series title back after all these years!!!!

Old 10-07-2020, 08:47 AM

560 posts, read 581,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If he continues we should be able to get the World Series title back after all these years!!!!
With the Dodgers up 1-0 in the NLDS in the best of five, having Kershaw go in game 2 certainly is a nice luxury to have!

Old 10-07-2020, 10:04 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
With the Dodgers up 1-0 in the NLDS in the best of five, having Kershaw go in game 2 certainly is a nice luxury to have!
5 straight games def favors the Dodgers. Hopefully it only goes 3 games but I could see the Padres pitching just decimated. They already used 9 pitchers yesterday. I'm guessing they might get to bring up an arm if they put Clevenger on DL.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:05 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:

Yes it is. I really do not like these 3 and 5 game series formats. Not only the short series but not even home field advantage. I like the NFL format of giving the teams with the best records first round byes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball