Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 08:50 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Gotta wonder how things might be had David Price been in the rotation. Game 2 might have been much different.
The Braves are missing their pitching staff Ace...Mike Soroka. Look at Soroka's stats...unhittable.

We got ZERO out of Cole Hamels too. I know he's 36 now, but he gave the Braves nothing for the $20M we paid him. Hamels was slated to be our #3 starter. So, the Braves lost 2 of their top 3 hurlers to injury.

The Dodgers team payroll is $108M, the Braves $63M, so for the Braves to be where they are at right now against the Dodgers, is a miracle...no matter what happens next.

The Dodgers should tee off tonight since the Braves have no starter pitching tonight. We are trotting our our bullpen against a $108M team.

Speaking of team payroll discrepencies, how about the Dollar Store Rays eliminating the Neiman Marcus Yankees...awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 12:46 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Gotta wonder how things might be had David Price been in the rotation. Game 2 might have been much different.

If any team can "complain" about starting pitchers being hurt, it should be the Braves. 4/5 of their projected starting rotation (Cole Hamels, Max Soroka, Mike Foltyniewicz, and Felix Hernandez) are either hurt, opted out, or not with the team any longer, so I doubt you'll get much sympathy from them about Price not being there. They've done an outstanding job filling in the gaps, can the Dodgers get 3 more games from May, Gonsolin & Buehler??

Old 10-16-2020, 01:35 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
wrongamundo Georgie! BrySe pitched great, and mowed down one of the top 2 line-ups in MLB...the other being the Atlanta Braves line-up. The $108M Dodgers roster could only muster 3 hits last night.

The Rookie outpitched the Dodgers Ace, Clayton Kershaw, who is now below .500 in playoff starts.

No matter what happens next, the Braves have over-achieved this year, after losing our pitching ace, Mike Soroka to a torn achilles. Our $63M team salary took us pretty far...over-performed.
Being wrong never felt so right! Looking at the stats of Bryse before the game, I didn't see him performing like that against LA after what happened in game 3. The series isn't over yet and I'm on this Dodgers' thread. I'll be cordial. LA is a powerhouse monster club and we shouldn't take them lightly.....they can score in bunches and...I'm done. Enjoy the game folks.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:35 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Braves are missing their pitching staff Ace...Mike Soroka. Look at Soroka's stats...unhittable.

We got ZERO out of Cole Hamels too. I know he's 36 now, but he gave the Braves nothing for the $20M we paid him. Hamels was slated to be our #3 starter. So, the Braves lost 2 of their top 3 hurlers to injury.

The Dodgers team payroll is $108M, the Braves $63M, so for the Braves to be where they are at right now against the Dodgers, is a miracle...no matter what happens next.

The Dodgers should tee off tonight since the Braves have no starter pitching tonight. We are trotting our our bullpen against a $108M team.

Speaking of team payroll discrepencies, how about the Dollar Store Rays eliminating the Neiman Marcus Yankees...awesome.

The Braves have done an amazing job so far of hitting the Dodgers pitching and made it tough on Dodger hitters. But it ain't over till the fat lady sings. That might be tonight who knows. If you look at the Houston / TB series anything can happen.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:37 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Being wrong never felt so right! Looking at the stats of Bryse before the game, I didn't see him performing like that against LA after what happened in game 3. The series isn't over yet and I'm on this Dodgers' thread. I'll be cordial. LA is a powerhouse monster club and we shouldn't take them lightly.....they can score in bunches and...I'm done. Enjoy the game folks.
No doubt the Dodgers are a powerhouse. For $108M, they should be. Imagine this Braves team spending $40M/yr more on starting pitching, and Soroka coming back heallthy. I can only dream.

The Braves are owned by a media conglomerate, so they'll never spend Dodger-Yankee kind of money.

It doesn't mean the Braves cannot win it all, it just makes it a lot tougher, & less likely.

Hats off to our starter/s last night (Joe Bullpen), that kept us in the game for 5 innings. Minter threw 3 spectacular innings. Matzek did well too in th #2 starter role.

This is David versus Goliath, so quite fun to watch.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The Braves have done an amazing job so far of hitting the Dodgers pitching and made it tough on Dodger hitters. But it ain't over till the fat lady sings. That might be tonight who knows. If you look at the Houston / TB series anything can happen.
And had I been awake I would have been that fat lady singing!!! Hubby did make it through the entire game. I am an early riser and an early night night early.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:43 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And had I been awake I would have been that fat lady singing!!! Hubby did make it through the entire game. I am an early riser and an early night night early.

I am also. Made it through the 6th inning which was way past my bed time. Now they just have to keep winning. Look at Houston. It has to be the no traveling and no home advantage is the reason that both NBA and MLB teams can make these amazing series comebacks.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:02 AM

1,361 posts, read 552,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am also. Made it through the 6th inning which was way past my bed time. Now they just have to keep winning. Look at Houston. It has to be the no traveling and no home advantage is the reason that both NBA and MLB teams can make these amazing series comebacks.

Even after the Braves lost last night's bullpen game I still like their chances with Fried and Anderson lined up for games 6 and 7. It couldn't be any more perfect.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:09 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
WHEW! Now to win today and Sunday!

Old 10-17-2020, 10:32 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Even after the Braves lost last night's bullpen game I still like their chances with Fried and Anderson lined up for games 6 and 7. It couldn't be any more perfect.

Yea I still think they have an advantage. Dodgers had to use there best bullpen pieces last night. And I could see it still working out well tonight. But, again on Sunday? I just think a lot of pieces have to fall correctly for the Dodgers to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball