Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 11:13 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,690,944 times

Advertisements

1 more win for the World Series!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 11:50 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,889 times
One more guys. One more. One more.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:28 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,867,462 times
Good for Andre Ethier hitting that home run after all he's been through! Great game now to win tonight, sweep the Cubs and on to the World Series!

Old 10-18-2017, 12:00 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
Dare I say, "We're going to the ship!" Since the addition of the divisional series, has any team gone through the playoffs undefeated? I don't think so.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Dare I say, "We're going to the ship!" Since the addition of the divisional series, has any team gone through the playoffs undefeated? I don't think so.

I believe the 1998 Yankees did.

Nevermind they went 4-2 against the Indians.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times
Quote:
Since the divisional round was added in 1994, there have been no sweeps through the post season. The 1999 Yankees swept the Rangers in the divisional series, and swept the Braves in the World Series, but had lost one game to Boston in the LCS. Same deal with the White Sox in 2005, a sweep in the division series and a sweep of the WS, but one loss in the LCS against the Angels.

The only team to arrive at the WS undefeated has been the 2007 Rockies. Colorado swept Philadelphia, and then swept Arizona to win the pennant. However, that was the extent of their fortune, they got swept by Boston in the Series.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,391 times
Quote:
2014 Royals
Beat the A's in the Wild Card
Swept the Angels then the Orioles
Lost to the Giants in the World Series.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:58 AM

I know why Granderson got to start last night. Career average/hist against Arrieta was nice in fact I believe one reason they picked him up was to face guys like this.

And I'm not hear bitching about 4 K's. But was I the only one who thought he might bunt his last at bat? You 1 out with Puig on first. You sac bunt which actually would have been in a defensive shift. So it's possible he might have been able to get a hit out of it. But why no bunt? That's a perfect way to get involved in the game in a positive way.

And I'm very glad he struck out twice in that at bat. No way that was a foul tip. I can only imagine the stain on this team going into the World Series if Granderson had hit a go ahead HR on the next pitch.

Kershaw goes tonight. He can still start game 1 in the WS which is good. But I'll admit. Dodgers lose tonight I'll start getting worried. I don't like Rich Hill facing the Cubs again. Granted Darvish has been amazing but if the Cubs get to game 7 that momentum is on their side.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:51 AM

141 posts, read 123,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I know why Granderson got to start last night. Career average/hist against Arrieta was nice in fact I believe one reason they picked him up was to face guys like this.

And I'm not hear bitching about 4 K's. But was I the only one who thought he might bunt his last at bat? You 1 out with Puig on first. You sac bunt which actually would have been in a defensive shift. So it's possible he might have been able to get a hit out of it. But why no bunt? That's a perfect way to get involved in the game in a positive way.

And I'm very glad he struck out twice in that at bat. No way that was a foul tip. I can only imagine the stain on this team going into the World Series if Granderson had hit a go ahead HR on the next pitch.

Kershaw goes tonight. He can still start game 1 in the WS which is good. But I'll admit. Dodgers lose tonight I'll start getting worried. I don't like Rich Hill facing the Cubs again. Granted Darvish has been amazing but if the Cubs get to game 7 that momentum is on their side.
That's why the Dodgers need to end this series as soon as possible. They need to continue applying pressure on them, making it very difficult for them to get back into this series. Justin Turner's home run late to cut the lead to one is a good example of that. The longer this series goes the harder it will get to close out, therefore the Dodgers need to take advantage of their current situation.

Before this series I thought that game 4 would be the most challenging primarily because of Jake Arrieta on the mound at Wrigley.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGo View Post
That's why the Dodgers need to end this series as soon as possible. They need to continue applying pressure on them, making it very difficult for them to get back into this series. Justin Turner's home run late to cut the lead to one is a good example of that. The longer this series goes the harder it will get to close out, therefore the Dodgers need to take advantage of their current situation.

Before this series I thought that game 4 would be the most challenging primarily because of Jake Arrieta on the mound at Wrigley.

Yea. That's the thing about post season. I don't care how a pitcher does in the regular season. If he has a history of doing well he very well could show up that day and execute. I really think things might have been different if the Dodgers could have got to him an inning earlier.

I'd love a nice 4 run lead through out the game tonight to ease the emotions going into the last couple innings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball