Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
did Puig lose that ball in the sun or was he dogging it?
It almost looked like his typical strolling oh this isn't a problem catching of a fly ball he does, until he didn't catch it. But he may have lost it in the sun. The guy drives me crazy. But some experience and maturity, he'll be an outstanding player. That throw to home plate was stupid and he was lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,529 times
I didn't mind the throw that much because it was a good throw. The Cards were not gonna do something stupid like get thrown out at 3rd while still a few runs back..

If the throw had gone awry, then yes.. dumb throw which is exactly why you don't make that throw.. that run was not as important as the ones on 1st and 2nd which you didn't want to move up.. Puig is still learning.. painfull at times but the reward IMO is worth the risk so far!

Old 10-17-2013, 01:07 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,153 times
Does it look like Pedro Martinez still has a grudge on the Dodgers for trading him to the Expos for Delino Deshields?
Everytime he talks about the Dodgers on the TBS post game show he appears to always have a negative twist to any comment on the Dodgers, even to something that is supposed to be a positive!

I have yet to see him predict a Dodger win. I mean I don't expect anyone to predict the Dodgers to win every game, but c'mon at least one time he can predict the Dodger to win!!!

I think he just has sour grapes for trading him. (Albiet I beleive it was the worst trade in Dodger history)

Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
I think it’s about damn time this thread got started this year. Especially considering the fact that we have one of the most, if not the most, loyal fan base in baseball.
Especially now, a few days after the brawl in San Diego leaving Greinke out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured collar bone.

My observations on this.
It sucks to see Greinke on the DL so early in the season. Especially considering the fact that it looked like he was on a start to a great year. He and Kershaw as our 1-2 would be, and will be phenomenal.
But I think the media may be blowing the impact of this injury waaay out of proportion. In fact, it could be argued that it may be a blessing in disguise if we remain in the playoff chase throughout the time he is on the DL. The fractured collar bone is on his opposite shoulder. This 4-6 weeks will be treated almost as rest time so when he comes back he will be fresh. Of course you have to consider the fact that this period of time could be used for him to establish himself and his game in the rotation. We’ll see.

I think our bats are now starting to get it together, but there is still a lot of work to do. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a terrible year for Kemp. We are badly missing Hanley Ramirez in my opinion. I think he was one of the crucial players that brought together our lineup last year and thought that Kemp was playing a lot better when Ramirez was batting behind him. Will be great when Ramirez actually comes back and starts putting in work.

Crawford has been a great addition to our club and I can see him performing well in the playoffs.

I think we need to let go of Cruz. Thank god the new ownership is not shy about spending the big bucks, and would like to see us pick someone big in his place.

The renovations to Dodger stadium have been awesome. The ballpark feels and looks like everything was done for the fans.
im surprised this thread is so young. Love the Brooklyn Bums

Old 10-18-2013, 03:33 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
They pulled it off. Now back to StLouis to win this thing! Apparently much to the chagrin of the TBS talking heads. And Puig drives me crazy.
Is the Media pulling for St Louis?

Old 10-19-2013, 10:48 AM

Well dagnabit. What happened to the Dodgers last night????

Old 10-20-2013, 07:29 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Well dagnabit. What happened to the Dodgers last night????
The best pitcher in baseball over the last two years faced the best pitcher in baseball over the last two weeks.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:43 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The best pitcher in baseball over the last two years faced the best pitcher in baseball over the last two weeks.
As great a 2013 as Neal Huntington had as GM, after Wacha beats the Bucs 5x next year, the Pirates fans who've always hated the front office will start getting on him for wasting a pick on Mark Appel while Wacha cruised through to pick #19.

Figures just when the Pirates get good and draft a stud pitcher of their own in Cole, the Cards do one better - and for less money.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,153 times
I heard this morning that the Dodgers are already favored by Las Vegas oddsmakers for winning the World Series in 2014. Not sure if they will, but I do like the direction they are going.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:19 PM

It's BASEBALL season! Watching the Dodgers-DBacks game on MLB tonight from today. Great to see the Dodgers play, and hear Vin Scully again. And what is the Time Warner Cable Sports Net LA???? Another billion dollar tv thing out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball