Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 10:17 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,126,894 times

Advertisements

Kudos to Freese for getting the first and only homer tonight for the Dodgers. Later he got a triple, because the center fielder was blinded by the guiding light of Tommy Lasorda. I have to wonder if they could have beaten the Astros, had there not been a big green monster blocking the way. The Dodgers did gain something for the record books in this series, having won the longest game in WS history, a game that will be remembered for decades to come.

Must apologize for what I said earlier about LA not winning a series for 30 years, as you also have the Angels and they won in 2002. The Angels were born from the singing cowboy, Gene Autry, and I wish both the Dodgers and Angels good luck in the next season so long as they don't play the Cubs, Royals, Cardinals, Brewers, Indians or any other teams I like better than you guys, lol. Keep Tommy alive and give him hope and comfort for next season.

Tommy announces retirement from baseball, 1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptIhdXe2hhQ

Salton Sea (Tommy's life preserver & summer home)

La Brea Tar Pit (Tommy's reserved pool for the cooler winter months)

Tommy emerging in the spring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 10:22 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
get rid of that bum Machado. I can't believe some team will pay him 200 million dollars or more next season.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
So....I just have to make sure I understand this correctly: the same manager that takes Rich Hill out Saturday after a hit batter and base hit up 4-0 in the 7th leaves Clayton Kershaw in the game into the 7th inning despite being down already 3-1 in a must win game?? Does Roberts know Kershaw's playoff history in the 7th inning?? It's AWFUL!! And you are trailing!!! Honestly, he should've been out after the Betts home run in the 6th, but I get that he's your ace and up until that point he made 2 bad pitches. You cannot bring him out for the 7th. If I were Roberts I'd be worried about my job for next year, these last 2 nights could very well be fire able offenses, the last 2 years managers have gotten fired for being better.
he is done. He did the same thing last year in the world series. He did it again this year in the worst possible way. Then his moves to mix the batting lineup at Boston leaving out the heavy hitters on the bench is questionable.

but bringing Madson 3 times with bases loaded that eventually decided the series is mind boggling.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:41 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,279,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
he is done. He did the same thing last year in the world series. He did it again this year in the worst possible way. Then his moves to mix the batting lineup at Boston leaving out the heavy hitters on the bench is questionable.

but bringing Madson 3 times with bases loaded that eventually decided the series is mind boggling.
I haven't followed the Dodgers as a Red Sox fan, but how much stock do you put in Roberts managing this team to two straight World Series. That is no small feat. I just think right now the AL is simply stronger than the NL. The 3 best teams this year were the Red Sox, Astros, & Yankees.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I haven't followed the Dodgers as a Red Sox fan, but how much stock do you put in Roberts managing this team to two straight World Series. That is no small feat. I just think right now the AL is simply stronger than the NL. The 3 best teams this year were the Red Sox, Astros, & Yankees.

This puts it best.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:07 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
I thought the whole Rich Hill Roberts things was really interesting. They never talked? Hill just thought Roberts was going to take him out? Roberts thought Hill was ready to come out? Geeze guys it's the WORLD SERIES! Say something.

I'm proud of my Dodgers for winning the division title again, and I read they are tired of having 1988 thrown in their face, well guess what boys, you're going to hear 1988 all year in 2019 too.

I wonder what changes will be made to the team next year? Should be interesting.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:14 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
get rid of that bum Machado. I can't believe some team will pay him 200 million dollars or more next season.

I agree!!! I think he hurt his Free agency status with his World Series play, especially when he hits the ball off the outfield wall and only gets a single because he thought he hit it out and his lack of hustle!!!

As sad as this sounds, if Kershaw were to opt out, that might be best for the Dodgers when it comes to the cap. He is no longer a 30+ mil a year player.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I agree!!! I think he hurt his Free agency status with his World Series play, especially when he hits the ball off the outfield wall and only gets a single because he thought he hit it out and his lack of hustle!!!

As sad as this sounds, if Kershaw were to opt out, that might be best for the Dodgers when it comes to the cap. He is no longer a 30+ mil a year player.

I would also get a new batting coach. The level of K's on the dodgers is unaccetpable with that much talent and payroll spent.

Kershaw is still good, not worth 30+ a year but he needs a team that can back him up with runs. If you takeout the Freese home run, the Dodgers offense didn't do anything. In an elimination game at home when they choked on the previous game you expect a lot more urgency and pride from these guys.

The same for game #3. It's a bad offense. Too many strikeouts.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:52 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
I think instead of basic fundamental baseball, they're all trying for the big home run for that clip that can be played on ESPN over and over. And all this analytics launch angle junk...

Play ball!

Old 10-29-2018, 12:55 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
So....I just have to make sure I understand this correctly: the same manager that takes Rich Hill out Saturday after a hit batter and base hit up 4-0 in the 7th leaves Clayton Kershaw in the game into the 7th inning despite being down already 3-1 in a must win game?? Does Roberts know Kershaw's playoff history in the 7th inning?? It's AWFUL!! And you are trailing!!! Honestly, he should've been out after the Betts home run in the 6th, but I get that he's your ace and up until that point he made 2 bad pitches. You cannot bring him out for the 7th. If I were Roberts I'd be worried about my job for next year, these last 2 nights could very well be fire able offenses, the last 2 years managers have gotten fired for being better.
I see jim9251 said what I was going to say. Hill and Roberts never spoke a word! Hill just handed him the ball! Bad move on both sides. I was very happy to see what a good pitcher Hill is....from Milton, Massachusetts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Kudos to Freese for getting the first and only homer tonight for the Dodgers. Later he got a triple, because the center fielder was blinded by the guiding light of Tommy Lasorda. I have to wonder if they could have beaten the Astros, had there not been a big green monster blocking the way. The Dodgers did gain something for the record books in this series, having won the longest game in WS history, a game that will be remembered for decades to come.

Must apologize for what I said earlier about LA not winning a series for 30 years, as you also have the Angels and they won in 2002. The Angels were born from the singing cowboy, Gene Autry, and I wish both the Dodgers and Angels good luck in the next season so long as they don't play the Cubs, Royals, Cardinals, Brewers, Indians or any other teams I like better than you guys, lol. Keep Tommy alive and give him hope and comfort for next season.

Tommy announces retirement from baseball, 1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptIhdXe2hhQ

Salton Sea (Tommy's life preserver & summer home)

La Brea Tar Pit (Tommy's reserved pool for the cooler winter months)

Tommy emerging in the spring
Oh my goodness.....roflmao!! Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I thought the whole Rich Hill Roberts things was really interesting. They never talked? Hill just thought Roberts was going to take him out? Roberts thought Hill was ready to come out? Geeze guys it's the WORLD SERIES! Say something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I think instead of basic fundamental baseball, they're all trying for the big home run for that clip that can be played on ESPN over and over. And all this analytics launch angle junk...

Play ball!
Just like the RED Sox used to. Trying for the Green Monster.

I enjoyed this series a lot. Thank you, Dodgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball