Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 01:57 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
It took the Brooklyn Dodgers six tries before they beat the Yankees in a World Series.

But more recently, the Dodgers lost to the Yankees twice (1977, 1978), then beat them in 1981.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 11:42 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times
Dodger fans. Whats your opinion on Jansen right now?

I've always been a Jansen fan but while I know he still needs to be closing games because he needs to work out the problems. We can not see him go into the post season like this. I would rather see Kelly or Urias close games in the post season and fail than see Jansen continue to have issues only to be the reason we lose in the post season. I can't bear to see him costing us anymore World Series or playoff games.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post

I've always been a Jansen fan but while I know he still needs to be closing games because he needs to work out the problems. We can not see him go into the post season like this. I would rather see Kelly or Urias close games in the post season and fail than see Jansen continue to have issues only to be the reason we lose in the post season. I can't bear to see him costing us anymore World Series or playoff games.
I think all will work out. Right now, I see the Dodgers winning by 20 games possibly and no matter who their closer is, I would be surprise if they are not in the World Series. In fact I look for them to take it all this year. Of at least I pray they will. d r

Old 08-01-2019, 02:09 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Gavin Lux may turn out to be a star, but as I say prospects come and go, a World Series banner will hang at Dodgers Stadium forever. I get it, the last couple of years with Darvish and Machado it didn't work out, but keep getting yourselves there and eventually it will work out. If I were a Dodger fan I'd be disappointed that we didn't have Felipe Vazquez right now (or really any decent bullpen arm). Adding a Vazquez or a Raisel Inglesis, or an Edwin Diaz, or a Shane Greene very well could have put the Dodgers on top of the baseball world this November. The majority of Cubs fans do that Torres for Chapman trade any day of the week again because it got them a World Series, as Dodgers fans, if Vazquez gets you a World Series this year or in his next 4 years (since he's under control through 2023) do you care if Lux makes it to 25 straight all star games and is a first ballot unanimous hall of famer??

Old 08-01-2019, 03:39 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Gavin Lux may turn out to be a star, but as I say prospects come and go, a World Series banner will hang at Dodgers Stadium forever. I get it, the last couple of years with Darvish and Machado it didn't work out, but keep getting yourselves there and eventually it will work out. If I were a Dodger fan I'd be disappointed that we didn't have Felipe Vazquez right now (or really any decent bullpen arm). Adding a Vazquez or a Raisel Inglesis, or an Edwin Diaz, or a Shane Greene very well could have put the Dodgers on top of the baseball world this November. The majority of Cubs fans do that Torres for Chapman trade any day of the week again because it got them a World Series, as Dodgers fans, if Vazquez gets you a World Series this year or in his next 4 years (since he's under control through 2023) do you care if Lux makes it to 25 straight all star games and is a first ballot unanimous hall of famer??

Relief pitchers rarely last. Edwin Diaz was great for the Mariners for the last two years, but a big disappointment for the Mets. Why do you think he was available? Eventually he'll be good again, but the Dodgers want someone who will be effective now, and especially in October.

The only reason those other relievers were even available is that the teams want to take advantage of contending teams' desperation.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:59 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,957,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post

When he’s good, he’s good, but when he’s off... he can be horrible. Lol
I am a fan, but as of late I kind of cringe when he comes in to close.... especially in a tight game.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Dodgers up 18 games now: I am a bit sorry they have to gain at the expensive of the Cards.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:44 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
Watching the Dodgers loose to the Yankees was tough. Obvious those ESPN announcers ALL FROM NEW YORK were rooting for the Yankees, had to mute the volume.

Players weekend uniforms were a dumb idea btw.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:51 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
Beat the Rockies by two touchdowns and a field goal! That was great! Loved the rookie, first MLB at bat, first pitch and he gets a hit. Great game!

Old 09-03-2019, 07:28 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times
Who makes back up catcher for post season? Martin or Barnes.

I think most fans choose Martin because of the obvious. But here's my thoughts. How much value does Martin bring as a back up catcher in the playoffs? I can't see him starting any games over Will Smith so he's on the bench possibly for the whole game. At least with Barnes you have a guy with decent speed who can be a pinch runner late in the game. Barnes can also play multiple infield positions & outfield. (unlikely that happens).

I just feel like neither are hitting the ball. I guess if I had to choose between Martin or Barnes in the top of the 9th PH I'd choose Martin but still not sure there is much advantage.

Maybe they look at how one of them does against some of relievers they'll face each series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball