Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:05 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Well can we get a name?
Heidi Watney.

EDIT: Original link failed, here's a new link:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...tney&FORM=IGRE

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-23-2014 at 04:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 11:41 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Boy, she's easy on the eyes!

Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,638 times
really don't care how easy on the eyes she is. Sideline reporters have no business being a part of baseball telecasts. Especially women.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:48 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
There should be an automatic fine and suspension for anyone in the booth ever saying the word "g***".

My favorite Harry Caray moment:
Guest: "Harry, I hear you live in Palm Springs"
Harry: "Yeah"
Guest: "Lot's of great g*** courses there."
Harry: "I hate g***".

Old 05-21-2014, 03:34 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I don't mind Joe Buck, at least his voice reminds you of baseball unlike ear bleeding Ernie Johnson. McCarver is awful, just think how great it would be if we had Vin or Bob Uecker. Personally I would love to hear Gary Thorne calling playoff baseball. I watch O's games just to listen to him.
And what about Joe Morgan? A lot of people would say that he is one of the worst baseball announcers.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
And what about Joe Morgan? A lot of people would say that he is one of the worst baseball announcers.
Tony Gwynn is worse. He was being hyped as a future announcer when he was still playing, and he's terrible.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
The only guy I can't stand to listen to is Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson who does the play-by-play for White Sox games with Steve Stone. He's such a homer and so annoying with all of his repetitive comments. Listening to him call a game makes me cringe. I get so mad at my TV when he's on. I would mute him, but I love Steve Stone and his relevant analysis. He's so knowledgeable about the game, and I remember him from his Cubs days calling games with Harry Caray. I guess "The Hawk" and Stoney are supposed to balance each other out, but I wish they'd just let Stone call the games solo.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:00 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times
I bought MLB Extra Innings so I can watch the Diamondbacks now that I'm in Texas. Since I paid an assload of money for it, I've been tuning in to other broadcasts as well before the Diamondbacks start. I have to say that even though Steve Berthiaume can be somewhat cheesy at times, he and Bob Brenley are by far the most lively team in the booth. Pretty much every other team broadcast that I've watched is bland and devoid of any personality.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:33 PM

166 posts, read 321,893 times
If you get a chance....watch A Tampa Rays broadcast!! Best in the Business.

On Erin Andrews..... A few years back...08..I think....As usual, I hang out after....let the traffic die down. She finishes an interview with a rays player.....she had a duffel bag close to my seats....but on the field. She walks over....going through her bag....starts talking to me like we have been friends forever....You could actually tell she was excited to be there....unlike many others.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:51 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjames14 View Post
If you get a chance....watch A Tampa Rays broadcast!! Best in the Business.

On Erin Andrews..... A few years back...08..I think....As usual, I hang out after....let the traffic die down. She finishes an interview with a rays player.....she had a duffel bag close to my seats....but on the field. She walks over....going through her bag....starts talking to me like we have been friends forever....You could actually tell she was excited to be there....unlike many others.
Unlike Erin Andrews, Joe Buck acts like he does not want to be there and does not really enjoy baseball any more so what's the point of him calling baseball if he doesn't like the sport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball