Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 11:11 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times

Advertisements

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2014, 11:19 PM

72,980 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more chance, one more chance. Let's just hope we have a repeat, and it ends in a tie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 08:54 AM

403 posts, read 681,146 times
Ouch! Looking at run expectancy, that bases loaded, no outs scenario on average should yield about 2.7 runs, with an 88% chance of scoring AT LEAST one run. Talk about defying the odds. What a game though, and just as I was about to ask if the Tigers want Austin Jackson back, he goes and hits into a walk-off fielder's choice. How often does that happen?

Today though, we find ourselves huge Rangers fans once again, and it's a Happy Felix Day! Man, what I would give to be at the Safe today. I hope it's packed and loud - and that we can scrounge up a few runs for King Felix. Go Ms!

Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid84 View Post
Ouch! Looking at run expectancy, that bases loaded, no outs scenario on average should yield about 2.7 runs, with an 88% chance of scoring AT LEAST one run. Talk about defying the odds. What a game though, and just as I was about to ask if the Tigers want Austin Jackson back, he goes and hits into a walk-off fielder's choice. How often does that happen?

Today though, we find ourselves huge Rangers fans once again, and it's a Happy Felix Day! Man, what I would give to be at the Safe today. I hope it's packed and loud - and that we can scrounge up a few runs for King Felix. Go Ms!
Last night really scared me. Going into extra innings like that and, well, all I can say is that I'm glad it ended the way it did. Mariner win and a A's loss.

I feel similarly about the Rangers. I will be hoping that they win, and win in a big way.

I can't be at the Safe. Displaced M's fan in the Atlanta area.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:47 PM

This isn't looking good. A's are winning 2-0 and no one has scored in the M's-Angel's game. If the A's win, it won't matter who wins the M's-Angels game.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:50 PM

It's over. There is no joy in Jet City. A's won, so it won't matter if the M's win or loose. I have never had more hatred for the Oakland A's than I do now.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:26 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's over. There is no joy in Jet City. A's won, so it won't matter if the M's win or loose. I have never had more hatred for the Oakland A's than I do now.
The Mariners should have played better enough to win a few more games, the A's took care of their business.

I also think that Cano was responsible for the Mariners to be in contention, otherwise without him they'd be up to 10 games out of a wild card spot imo.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
The Mariners should have played better enough to win a few more games, the A's took care of their business.

I also think that Cano was responsible for the Mariners to be in contention, otherwise without him they'd be up to 10 games out of a wild card spot imo.
Doesn't make the loss any less devastating.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:28 AM

403 posts, read 681,146 times
Damn...but the ride was fun, especially the last couple of days. As recently as last Wednesday they looked dead in the water.

A fan doesn't just watch baseball. They invest in a lengthy season of crests and troughs. Some years seemingly pay little, or nothing, in return. Other years bring bountiful plenty. But for any year, all the fans want is to have that opportunity at the end of the 162nd session to play on as the autumn colors turn and the chills tinge the air. Mariners' fans got that, and just a bit more, this year. We will return in the spring, ready to invest yet again, and to hope, yet again, that the returns will be fruitful. Go Ms!

From Jeff Sullivan at USS Mariner: 2:46pm PDT | U.S.S. Mariner

Enjoy the playoffs everyone!

Old 09-29-2014, 03:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
It was a fun ride, just not quite magical.

Until next year....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball