Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 12:11 PM

983 posts, read 1,181,370 times

Advertisements

Next year is here !

Just a few weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting to camp.

We have Nelson Cruz now in the heart of the line-up and a nice tandem of 2 new players - very respectable MLB hitters in right field to platoon against lefty / righty pitching.

Paxton - Iwakuma and Tajuan Walker hopefully are all healthy and in the rotation at the start of the season ( NONE were last year - iwakuma out over a month and Paxton / Walker 1/2 the season or close to it )

I expect a lot of 'Refuse to lose' *magic* @ The Safe this season !

My prediction is an AL West title and 93 wins !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:45 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
Next year is here !

Just a few weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting to camp.

We have Nelson Cruz now in the heart of the line-up and a nice tandem of 2 new players - very respectable MLB hitters in right field to platoon against lefty / righty pitching.

Paxton - Iwakuma and Tajuan Walker hopefully are all healthy and in the rotation at the start of the season ( NONE were last year - iwakuma out over a month and Paxton / Walker 1/2 the season or close to it )

I expect a lot of 'Refuse to lose' *magic* @ The Safe this season !

My prediction is an AL West title and 93 wins !!
From the news I've heard, the M's are slated to go to the playoffs this year. It just might happen.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
And Kansas City.
I think about this now. Back in May 2014, I never expected the Royals to go to the World Series. Before the 2014 playoffs, the last time KC was in the playoffs, I was 6 months away from being born.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:27 PM

Looked at old footage from the 1995 tie-breaker. For some reason, I want to see that again. I know that these days, the likelihood of fans storming the field again is pretty much moot. However, that kind of excitement, of clinching a playoff, I want to see that again. It would be neat to see the M's clinch a pennant 20 years after clinching their very first playoff.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:04 AM

Yesterday, I watched "My Oh My" on youtube. Towards the end, I almost cried. Anyone that knows me understands that I don't cry. I didn't cry, but I came quite close. To have a great victory, to win the battle, but lose the war. That is how I would describe the 1995 season for the Seattle Mariners. Against all odds, they won important battles, but never got to the World Series(and to this day, one of two teams in the majors who haven't been to the World Series). At the same time, it made me happy to watch, as it made me consider that this could be the year for the M's.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:49 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
The key now for Seattle is just staying healthy. They need to stay consistent with play throughout the year. What they've got to do when the season begins, especially in this division, is to get off to a fast start. If you can go, say, 10-3 in your first thirteen, then you can really build your momentum. You want to make the others play from behind.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yesterday, I watched "My Oh My" on youtube. Towards the end, I almost cried. Anyone that knows me understands that I don't cry. I didn't cry, but I came quite close. To have a great victory, to win the battle, but lose the war. That is how I would describe the 1995 season for the Seattle Mariners. Against all odds, they won important battles, but never got to the World Series(and to this day, one of two teams in the majors who haven't been to the World Series). At the same time, it made me happy to watch, as it made me consider that this could be the year for the M's.
I cry when I watch that every year, right about the time Dave says "here's Junior to third base, they're going to wave him in".

Old 04-01-2015, 05:04 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,901 times
I hope King Felix can FINALLY be a 20-game winner and get some help from the other starters. I believe this is the key to the M's making the playoffs. Bear in mind that the king has averaged around 230 innings the last 9 seasons, and hope he doesn't start coming apart this year. Don't expect too much from Cruz because that ball park will kill his power numbers the way it killed Cano's last year. And Cano may cost the team a couple of wins with his lack of hustle. Oakland may be better than most people think. And sooner or later the Astros will click. In a nutshell, I think this could be a now-or-never year for the M's.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:41 PM

143 posts, read 158,749 times
I really hope this is our year. I hate the thought of Felix Hernandez wasting (for lack of a better term) his career in Seattle. He's been phenomenal and has gotten little to no help from his offense during his tenure. This year looks like it could be different, we actually have expectations. Oakland will be tough as will the Angels but I believe we've closed the gap, and I think Houston is still a year or two away from making noise

Old 04-21-2015, 05:54 AM

So far, the season has been hit or miss. I'm hoping this is just April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball