Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 11:15 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow Royals will meet the Apple via Mets home run hits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 11:36 PM

684 posts, read 791,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Both teams played that 5 hour game and the Mets had their supposed real ace of the staff starting game 2. The Mets lost because they were throughly out played in all phases of the game. So try grasping another straw to explain why the Mets lost game 2.
I wasn't trying to grasp for a straw, just IMO, the Royals emotional and exciting game one victory depleted the Mets effort for game two. As the same was said for game three of the ALCS, the Royals late rally against Toronto (though in a losing effort) set the mood for them to continually rock Toronto the next afternoon.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:55 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
The Royals obliterated the Mets in game two. Johnny Cueto pitched an outstanding complete game.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:20 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
I wasn't trying to grasp for a straw, just IMO, the Royals emotional and exciting game one victory depleted the Mets effort for game two. As the same was said for game three of the ALCS, the Royals late rally against Toronto (though in a losing effort) set the mood for them to continually rock Toronto the next afternoon.
Sorry if I seemed a bit touchy there. I totally understand your opinion and agree somewhat with it. Having just watched the game and listened to Buck and Reynolds and having listened to a lot of the so called knowledgable talking heads in the media in the run up to the series perhaps my "Royals being dissed" sensitivity was over excited. After watching these first two games I just don't see where the Mets stack up with the Royals. I know its the ultimate small sample size and things could turn around in New York but frankly I don't see it. The vaunted Mets starting pitching hasn't been so vaunted. The Mets defense has looked substandard, maybe because I'm so used to seeing the Royals defense play day in and day out I've become used to thinking outstanding defense is the norm when it really isn't. The Mets offense looks anemic against what was purported to be substandard Royals starting pitching. Judging from this small sample size I just don't see how this Mets team could expect to win more than two games out of a seven game series against this Royals team. To my eyes both the Astros and Blue Jays are tougher teams than the Mets. If the Royals win the first game at the Mets home field I can easily see them sweeping this series. Even if the Mets win the first game at home I see it being an uphill battle for them to force the series back to KC. Maybe I'm just looking through Royals colored glasses but this Royals team is just an outstanding baseball team with very few if any flaws. They just seem to be the definition of a true team, their sum is greater than their indiviual parts.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:16 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
It's really not about the Mets not playing up to par. The Royals' game just has nothing to do with the way things should go in theory. Whenever their backs are against the wall, they come back. Almost every single time. Game 4 in Houston, came back against Toronto. Every time NYM took a lead in game 1, KC came right back. In game 2, it was looking like it might be a tight 2-1 game half-way through when KC came back and blew it open. Their hitters aren't that scary individually. Moustakas, Hosmer, etc. are good but they don't scare you like a Bautista or Fielder might. But they work so well together, and they play smart. They always mount comebacks, especially late in games.

I don't care for either team, but it's a pleasure to watch the way KC plays so well in the postseason. They play smart, regardless of their lineup, sort of like St. Louis has the past several years (even when they lose so many good hitters). Except while the beauty of St. Louis' game is predicated on patience, making the other guys issue 100 walks, things like that, the beauty of KC's game is predicated on aggressiveness, stealing bases, putting pressure on the defense, etc.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:22 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
The only man that can stop these Royals hitters is chillin' on his couch in San Francisco with his remote!

Old 10-29-2015, 06:26 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Oh, yeah, folk were talking about the Royals shaky starting rotation.....

Luis Tiant in Dreads (going by the name Johnny Cueto) has two very good postseason wins!

Old 10-29-2015, 08:18 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
There is one pitcher that can throw the Royals off and that is everyone's favorite Niese.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:07 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
It's not Kansas, It's Kansas City or KC. This country is geographically challenged. GO Royals Beat the Jersey Mets!

Old 10-29-2015, 11:12 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball