Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 11:42 PM

4,436 posts, read 7,646,566 times

Advertisements

No predictions, but this definitely go to seven!

For the Mets to win:
1. Jump out the box early against Royals' 'weak' starters
2. Be way up when the Royals bullpen comes in, or the the door will be shut
3. Cats other than Murphy, Cespedes and Duda better step up offense!
4. Can't make mistakes on D (Royals bats make contact)

For the Royals to win:
1. Keep being relentless, as they always do
2. Take advantage of Mets youth
3. Bullpen might have to come in much early in games
4. Look for umps' 'strike zones' and adjust accordingly (Cubs failed big time on that!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,004,388 times
For the Mets to win:
Score more runs each game than do the Royals.

For the Royals to win:
Score more runs each game than do the Mets.

It does not matter how, nor is any predicted formula likely to be manifest.

Last season, before the Series began, would anyone have written:
For the Giants to win, they need Madison Bumgarner to come up with the greatest performances of his life?

Old 10-26-2015, 02:02 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,674,511 times
The Met starters are in for a stiffer challenge. The Cubs hitters are young and looked overmatched and the Dodgers have a lot of holes in their lineup. The Royals have much tougher outs in their lineup - no great superstar, but a lot of experienced guys who could hurt you. Their trip to the WS last year gives them an edge on the big stage.

I would love to see the Mets win, but it's a tall order. Having the better part of a week off won't help them.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:49 PM

18,172 posts, read 25,717,619 times
We don't have a specific mod to cover baseball, but I thought a *sticky* would work here during the series

Old 10-26-2015, 03:18 PM

33,815 posts, read 16,819,867 times
If Met starters hit their spots, KC's bats will still be overmatched. No way to see how this plays out, but this 1-3 is the strongest I have ever seen on any team, including the Braves Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz. Add in a dynamite closer with a 1-3 that provides good IPs, this should be a super WS..

Old 10-26-2015, 04:32 PM

52,598 posts, read 47,766,199 times
Here's my prediction: Royals in 7.

It's going to go to the wire. The Mets have better starting pitching than the Royals, but I believe that Kansas City will come out firing on all cylinders on offense to make up for their starting pitching deficiencies. Both bullpens will be good. It will, nonetheless, be a good series to watch.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:58 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,996,104 times
Royals in 6. It doesn't matter how good anyone is on paper. Royals have "it." No one can finish them off.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:50 PM

9,704 posts, read 7,379,917 times
I'll take Royals in 7 too.

I see the Mets splitting in KC: losing game 1, winning game 2. Mets will take 2 of 3 in Queens, but I'll take the Royals to win the last 2 at home. Unlike last year I don't see Collins using deGrom out of the bullpen in game 7 like Bochy did with Bumgarner last year, and that could be the difference between whether the Mets win or lose.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:01 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,628,548 times
Im taking the Royals in 7. Just like I said with the Giants last year, those guys just dont go down! KC will find a way.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:19 PM

684 posts, read 784,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
If Met starters hit their spots, KC's bats will still be overmatched. No way to see how this plays out, but this 1-3 is the strongest I have ever seen on any team, including the Braves Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz. Add in a dynamite closer with a 1-3 that provides good IPs, this should be a super WS..
No matter how much of a fan, I always discipline myself to judge and access my teams with neutrality. And you are correct about Mets starting pitching. Good to dominant starting pitching will give the Royals problems. What Bumgarner did last year. How Price still pitched effectively in a losing effort with Toronto. How the Royals scored a majority (something like 35+ runs) in the 7th inning and later during the playoffs. Quality starting pitching could and will expose them like how Bumgarner did.

This Royals team is a rally team. Like feeding lambs to wolves, the very moment any weakness from the Mets bullpen is put out there. Their lineup from 1 to 9 is just so strong, there are no easy outs. But, without Morales as DH for three games, and, with Zobrist considering to leave the World Series because of an expecting baby ?! (Just give birth to that baby in the dugout for crying out loud!) this will greatly effect their rhythm as a rally team. Plus, without the DH Mets pitching will have that one easy out. Which helps greatly against a rally lineup like the Royals.

Royals starting pitching is susceptible. And greatly at that. That one inconsistency. If their starting pitching can just get them to their bullpen, they'll likely win. So, I believe that this series will come down to the offensive hitting of the Mets, and the starting pitching of the Royals. And with that said, I'm very skeptical about Royals starting pitching. Will just have to hope for some lambs coming out of that Mets bullpen.

Anyone else realize that the start / opening day for the 2016 season has the Royals playing the Mets? Ridiculous. Never, should interleague play be for opening day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball