Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 11:22 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times

Advertisements

Bumgarner finished with 14 strikeouts, 1 hit, 1 walk. His Gamescore was 98 topping the Cardinals Jaimie Garcia and the Phillies Vince Velasquez (both 97) for the best outing of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 05:04 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I didn't calculate any of it. I am relying on internet sources, the same as you.
Do it right or don't do it all.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:38 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
I think the problem is that Grandstander did distance between Philly and NYC (center of the cities). The Mets play in Queens, not the center of Manhattan, so that adds some miles to the calculation. The Phillies also play on the eastern side of Philly, making it a bit closer to NY. So that's where the calculation differences occur.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
There is no right or wrong here, there is no official rule which says you must measure stadium to stadium rather than city to city.

I get the impression that you are quite desperate to appear to have gained some sort of victory over me. Your obsessions would be of no interest to me save for the fact that you are directing them at me.

I am not your devil, I am not your destiny, and you are of no consequence to me. I can't think why I should be of any consequence to you, but apparently I am. You can prove me wrong by ignoring my posts, though I doubt that you can.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:29 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
There is no right or wrong here, there is no official rule which says you must measure stadium to stadium rather than city to city.

I get the impression that you are quite desperate to appear to have gained some sort of victory over me. Your obsessions would be of no interest to me save for the fact that you are directing them at me.

I am not your devil, I am not your destiny, and you are of no consequence to me. I can't think why I should be of any consequence to you, but apparently I am. You can prove me wrong by ignoring my posts, though I doubt that you can.
If that's what you need to believe to feel better about yourself, have it.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:40 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Astros finish the first half with a nice comeback win. They have recovered nicely from a rocky April to get to 48-41, just 5 1/2 games back of the struggling Rangers (who, right now, can't beat the Twins), and the second half is looking promising now.

All-Star Week is going to be fun, too.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:17 PM

The Giants have the best record in baseball despite having only the 6th best run deferential. This is partly explained by their success in one run games (20-10) and partly by the fact that they have had a long stretch of weak competition. The Giants last played a team above .500 26 games ago. In the following stretch of 26 games against the below average teams, they went 19-7, .730 ball, a pace which would represent 118 wins in a full season.

The 26 game stretch includes four against the Pirates who are now above .500, but were two games below when they played SF.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:02 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
It's nice that the Nats got 3 of 4 in Queens to up the lead to 6 in the division, because they've got a pretty tough schedule the next 4 weeks or so: 17 of the first 23 games to open the second half of the schedule are against teams .500 or better which includes 3 vs. the Pirates & Dodgers, 4 vs. the Indians, and 7 vs. the Giants. For the Mets only 12 of their first 23 games of the second half are against teams right now currently over .500, while only 13 of the Marlins first 23 games of the second half are against teams over .500.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:05 PM

On this day last year the Red Sox were 6.5 games back in the division and 6 back in the Wildcard. Today the Yankees are 8.5 back in the division and 5.5 back in the Wildcard, so pretty much the same spot the Red Sox were in at this date a year ago. When it was obvious they couldn't trade Betts, or Bradley for Hamels or Price, they decided to keep them and not trade them for a minor move just to "make a move." Add in Boegerts in 2014, and the Red Sox decided to suck for the rest of 2015 to give Jackie Bradley, Mookie Betts & Xander Boegerts regular playing time. And what's happened to them this year?? Oh, they were just 3 All Star starters for the AL this year! And aside from having a completely awful rotation and a not good but better then the starters have been bullpen they are right in the thick of the playoff race......just because of what JBJ, Betts & Boegerts (and well that 40 year old hall of famer has helped a lot too) have done this year because the Sox decided to throw away half a season just to see if those young kids could play. Why the Yankees haven't done this yet I don't have a friggen idea! It's not like they are packing Yankee stadium to see this middling team, this year have you seen all the empty seats?? Maybe Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez can't handle the rigors of major league pitching but how do we know that if we don't see them get regular at bat's?? I'm sure Sox fans said the same thing about JBJ & Betts in 2015 & Boegarts in 2014, but the owners & front office saw a playoff spot, much less a World Series was an unattainable & unrealistic goal, so they decided to punt & see what they had with the kids and so far those kids can play. The contracts are so bad that you can't trade A-roid, can't trade McCann, can't trade Sabathia, can't trade Ellsbury (I think they'd like to have a mulligan on that signing!), probably can't trade Teixera, but you take offers on anyone else, and open up spots for guys like Judge, Sanchez, etc. If either: Chapman, or Beltran are still Yankees on August 2 the fans should protest. Punt this year and suck for the rest of this year, see what you've got and maybe be a competitive team again in 2017, or you can sit on your hands, do nothing, and suck for the next 4 years while being stuck in neutral while everyone else in the AL and most of baseball has lapped you. Doesn't seem like a hard choice to me, but too bad the people running the Yankees are complete idiots, so they'll screw it up .

Old 07-20-2016, 08:13 PM

This mini 4 game winning streak is the worst possible thing that could have happened to the Yankees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball