Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 08:45 AM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Some good news for the Rox. Nolan Arenado won his 7th straight gold glove. He's got one for every year he's been in the majors. Getting really hard for the haters to deny that he's on track to bypass Mike Schmidt and Brooks Robinson as the best defensive third-baseman of all-time.
Arenado's not exactly off the radar by any means, and people are recognizing how good he is. All he has to do is stay healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
Times like this make it really ****ing hard to be a Rockies fan. They haven't made any notable off-season moves because they're cash-strapped, and the Nolan Arenado trade talk is heating up to the point where it can't be dismissed as teams simply inquiring about what it would take for the Rockies to make a move.

The Cards and Rockies have apparently progressed to the point where they're trading names. I have a really bad feeling that Nolan will be gone before Spring Training, and garbage like Desmond, Davis, Shaw, McGee, and Murphy will still be on the payroll. I hate this damn ball club. So MFing penny ante.

Old 01-21-2020, 04:24 PM

A little bit of good Rockies news in the middle of the s*&t storm that Jeff Bridich has created - Larry Walker's going into Cooperstown.

Old 02-01-2020, 10:44 AM

New article on the Denver Post website this morning. Dick Monfort believes the crap roster that they've done absolutely nothing to improve is going to raise their win total from last year by 23 games - 94-68. Sell the team, moron.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:29 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,110,503 times
Quote:
New article on the Denver Post website this morning. Dick Monfort believes the crap roster that they've done absolutely nothing to improve is going to raise their win total from last year by 23 games - 94-68. Sell the team, moron.
The same crap roster won 91 games in 2018.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:52 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Times like this make it really ****ing hard to be a Rockies fan. They haven't made any notable off-season moves because they're cash-strapped, and the Nolan Arenado trade talk is heating up to the point where it can't be dismissed as teams simply inquiring about what it would take for the Rockies to make a move.

The Cards and Rockies have apparently progressed to the point where they're trading names. I have a really bad feeling that Nolan will be gone before Spring Training, and garbage like Desmond, Davis, Shaw, McGee, and Murphy will still be on the payroll. I hate this damn ball club. So MFing penny ante.
Speaking of Spring Training, which begins 21 February, the Rockies play the Indians 24 Feb in Scottsdale at Salt River Fields. The big name players are never in these games, just the prospects they want to evaluate.

A couple of years ago I went to one of these February games and after 60 years of attending MLB games I got my first foul ball.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
The same crap roster won 91 games in 2018.
I think they overachieved in 2018, and losing Ottavino and LeMahieu last year was huge. Daniel Murphy was a stupid signing. He cost the same amount as DJ cost the Yankees and he's a major downgrade over LeMahieu. So now the Rockies have holes at first and second. Blackmon's getting old. Desmond is a liability in the outfield, the bullpen is a dumpster fire, and only one of the Rockies starting pitchers was worth a crap last season.

They also have a glaring lack of talent in their farm system. Brendan Rodgers has been a disappointment thus far and the Rockies minor-league pitching staff is so thin that they had to sign a guy who's been out of baseball working at a BBQ joint.

They won't win anywhere near 94 games, and my guess is they'll be below .500 most of the season.

2 years from now Arenado and Story will both be gone, but Jeff Bridich will still be here because Dick Monfort is an idiot.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:19 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,110,503 times
Quote:
Daniel Murphy was a stupid signing. .
My understanding is that Murphy showed up for Spring Training out of shape. Even if he had been, I agree that it was a dumb signing. LeMahieu is three years younger than Murphy and clearly was more valuable as a secondbaseman than Murphy could be as a firstbaseman. Murphy had been in decline since 2017 while LeMahieu was actually getting better. LeMahieu is getting paid 24 million for two seasons in the Bronx. Murphy signed for two years with a mutual option for a third. He gets 10 million for last year, 8 million for 2020, and 12 million for 2021 if the option is exercised. If the Rockies don't wish to exercise the option, then it is a 6 million dollar. buyout. The money is so close that it can't have been a consideration. I suspect that LeMahieu just wanted out of Colorado.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:16 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times
Here's more about Murphy. He'll turn out to be a better deal for the Rox than a lot of people are thinking.

https://www.mlb.com/rockies/news/dan...vement-in-2020

Old 07-17-2020, 04:14 PM

Rockies implemented addition by subtraction today. They upgraded their bullpen by releasing Bryan Shaw and Jake McGee. Thank god. Shaw was a disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball