Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 02:47 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times

Advertisements

Rockies ended Spring Training at 16-16 and tomorrow night the season starts for real.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 04:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Well, a 10-0 win on the road to start things off is nice!

Old 04-07-2015, 09:14 AM

8,604 posts, read 14,885,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Agreed. Was a nice way to start the season and a little confidence builder for a guy like Kendrick who's had consistency issues his entire career. 1 down, 161 to go.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Lifelong Brewers fan here... Colorado owned every aspect of the opener yesterday.
The Brewers made no significant moves the entire offseason and instead spent it shoving that stupid dog mascot down our throats... While every other team in the NL Central was making moves. Very frustrating.

Braun got hurt again (what a surprise)... I swear, he is made of glass. He needs more PED gummy bears lol.

But the Rockies came out firing on all cylinders... Fantastic start by the pitcher followed up by two nice innings of work from the two relievers.
The defense helped out with a couple timely double plays which shut down any chance at a threat from the Crew.
Then on top of that, they were crushing everything Lohse offered... I think it ended up being two homers, three doubles and 16 hits altogether.

Hopefully the Brewers can turn it around, but that has to be the most lob-sided opening day for Milwaukee I've ever seen.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Lifelong Brewers fan here... Colorado owned every aspect of the opener yesterday.
The Brewers made no significant moves the entire offseason and instead spent it shoving that stupid dog mascot down our throats... While every other team in the NL Central was making moves. Very frustrating.

Braun got hurt again (what a surprise)... I swear, he is made of glass. He needs more PED gummy bears lol.

But the Rockies came out firing on all cylinders... Fantastic start by the pitcher followed up by two nice innings of work from the two relievers.
The defense helped out with a couple timely double plays which shut down any chance at a threat from the Crew.
Then on top of that, they were crushing everything Lohse offered... I think it ended up being two homers, three doubles and 16 hits altogether.

Hopefully the Brewers can turn it around, but that has to be the most lob-sided opening day for Milwaukee I've ever seen.
I wouldn't be worried about the Brewers long-term. The Rockies are gonna have games like this, but more often they're gonna have games like the one Milwaukee had yesterday.

I still think the Rockies will be out of it before the All-Star break. If that's the case and Tulo and CarGo are still healthy I fully expect one or both of them to be traded.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:31 PM

2-0 after a solid 5-2 win over the Brewers tonight. At this point it's nothing more than a winning streak, but it's encouraging when you consider the Rockies are already almost 10% of the way toward last year's road win total (21-60) after just 2 games.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
2-0 after a solid 5-2 win over the Brewers tonight. At this point it's nothing more than a winning streak, but it's encouraging when you consider the Rockies are already almost 10% of the way toward last year's road win total (21-60) after just 2 games.
I know, plus getting a series win on the road. Like you, I expect the season to be a disaster, but that isn't going to stop me from 1) enjoying baseball, and 2) enjoying the Rockies annual "fast, pre-midseason collapse" start. It's inevitable in April and May that I think, "Maybe THIS is the year they keep it going!" I'm such a sucker!

Drew Goodman noted as the game ended the Rockies were 2-0 for the first time since 2001, and only the 4th time in team history.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:37 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
First time in Brewers franchise history that they gave up back to back games at home where the opponent had six doubles in each game.
Someone earlier mentioned that the Brewers will be ok in the long run... I almost had to laugh.
We gave up Yovani Gallardo for basically no one... Because we are stuck paying Ryan Braun who doesn't do anything unless he's juicing... And now we can't afford any kind of pitching.
I mean seriously, Kyle Lohse and Matt Garza are our #1 and #2 starters.

I realize it's a long season, but the Brewers are screwed... Their strong bats typically bail out the weak pitching, but now the team is horrendous on both sides.

I see the Brewers and the Reds in the cellar of the NL Central with the Cubs in the middle, the Pirates runner-up and the Cards taking it again.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:40 AM

Cabbie, it's a long season. We Rockies fans have been conditioned to not get too excited about anything (and I mean ANYTHING) that happens in the first part of the season because experience has taught us this team is not built to win more than 70 games any given year. So you can't get too down over one series, either. Slow start or fast, it's a long season.

With that said, I maintain my skepticism but still enjoyed seeing the Rox battle last night. Down 2-0, up 4-2, only to give up the lead after a shaky B9, and for Rosario to come in and launch that HR in the 10th was pretty impressive. Axford looked really sharp in the B10, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him slide into that closer role for Hawkins at some point this season.

All three starters had solid to great performances, too. I hope this team can break the trend this year. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm always hoping!

Go Rockies!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:37 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
We're off to a good start, 3-0, sweeping the Brewers with 20 runs scored and lots of good hitting and pitching.

What a contrast from last year when the Rockies got shellacked in Miami, losing 3 of 4 to the Marlins.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball