Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 05:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times

Advertisements

It took 12 innings but the Rox avoided being swept by the Braves, winning 6-5.

Against top teams like the Giants and Braves, the Rox are now 1-5, which is not very encouraging.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It took 12 innings but the Rox avoided being swept by the Braves, winning 6-5.

Against top teams like the Giants and Braves, the Rox are now 1-5, which is not very encouraging.
Going in, I was willing to guess the Braves to be the better team. What is disappointing about this series and the Giants series is how anemic the bats were. I'm glad to salvage the series and end the homestand on a high note but you are absolutely right, the Rox have been completely outclassed by the better NL teams so far. Next up is 4 @ Arizona followed by 3 @ Los Angeles. Realistically I feel the Rox can at least take 2 and split the Arizona series, but the Dodgers (especially in L.A.) are historically bad news for the Rockies. If they get through these next seven with a 3-4 mark I'll take it.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:08 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
If you woulda told me a month ago that the Rox would be 14-7 and in 1st place in the NL West....I probably would've died from laughter. Really impressed at the job Weiss has done. Bichette really has them swinging the bats well so far.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
If you woulda told me a month ago that the Rox would be 14-7 and in 1st place in the NL West....I probably would've died from laughter. Really impressed at the job Weiss has done. Bichette really has them swinging the bats well so far.
Agreed! Give both of them credit for a good job so far. Like Mike pointed out a couple posts ago, the Rockies need to step it up against the stronger clubs. But I'm not knocking a good start, especially after last years finish. Go Rockies!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
yeah, we got owned by SF and barely snuck out a win yesterday to avoid the sweep against Atlanta. LOL.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Todd the Godd just got put on the DL until May 5.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Todd the Godd just got put on the DL until May 5.
He's 40 years old. His last season maybe? Looking at his list of accomplishments, there's been nothing much of note in the past several years, a typical slide into retirement. His last All-Star Game was in 2004. Sad to see a great career come to an end, but the damned page always turns.

Tulo strained his shoulder in today's loss to AZ; all in all a discouraging time for Rox fans.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
He's 40 years old. His last season maybe? Looking at his list of accomplishments, there's been nothing much of note in the past several years, a typical slide into retirement. His last All-Star Game was in 2004. Sad to see a great career come to an end, but the damned page always turns.

Tulo strained his shoulder in today's loss to AZ; all in all a discouraging time for Rox fans.
Yup, and May is right around the corner. May is usually a complete disaster for the Rox. I hope Tulo and Helton can return quickly, as well as Chacin pick up where he left off when he returns. Cargo is riding a horrible slump right now, and the bats are not getting timely clutch hitting. All teams have setbacks along the way, good ones overcome them. Let's see how the Rox respond with a series @ Dodgers starting tomorrow.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 AM

Great showing last night against the Dodgers! While a 12-2 railing is likely an aberration for both teams, it's encouraging to see the bats break out after a bad series in arizona. Especially against Lilly. Chatwood was serviceable and did all right at the plate as well. And maybe Cargo has broken out of his slump. Let's hope they keep this up!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 PM

298 posts, read 332,849 times
Quote:

I am not 100% sure, but I remember seeing MLB Tonight read a quote during the offseason that said the 2013 season will be Todd Helton's final season before retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball