Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 07:41 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

Question

My Marlins Jersey from a couple of seasons ago is a FERNANDEZ jersey # 16
It has sat in my closet since 2016 untouched

I will never part with it

BUT Should I wear it to games? or would that be inappropriate?
I love the jersey, I loved watching the man play.......I want to wear a Marlins jersey when I go to (any) game (anywhere)

Question is, Is it in bad taste to wear a jersey of a recently deceased player?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 09:20 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
So, what now, Fish fans??

Old 07-16-2020, 06:13 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Here's a guy who propelled the Minnesota Twins into a premier slugging outfit, and now, he's trying to do the same in Miami.

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/jam...ty-for-marlins

Old 07-24-2020, 01:27 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Default 2020: 0-0

My prediction: 5th in the division. Division is too balanced to make a dent. They'll get some scraps and 3 games against the Orioles will help, but probably 25+ wins is looking like a good year; I'd settle for 20-40; that would be about 54-108 over a full season. Not good but they would've played a lot of bad teams so had a chance to put a streak together. Game 1 of the season starts in Philly this evening. Sandy Alcantara (6-14, 3.88 in his first full season) starts for the Fish against Aaron Nola (12-7, 3.87), game time scheduled for 7:05.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:53 PM

Default 1-0

Marlins 5 @ Phillies 2.

Francisco Cervilli (only playing because starting catcher Jorge Alfaro came down with a positive Covid test) had a 1 out single in the 3rd, moved to 3rd on a Miguel Rojas single, and scored on a Jonathan Villar sac fly. The Phillies would get the first run on a year on a Didi Gregorius home run leading off the 5th, but the Fish would take the lead for good when a Rojas walk and a Jesus Aguilar 2 run homer sandwiched a Villar strikeout, Corey Dickerson followed with a double, Harold Ramirez walked, 2 wildpitches from Phillies reliever Ramon Rosso advanced the runners 2 bases (with Dickerson scoring), and Ramirez scored on a Garrett Cooper double to put them up 5-1. Gregorius walked with 1 out in the 7th, and scored on a fielding error by Villar. Sandy Alcantera (1-0) allowed 2 runs (1 earned) on 3 hits (1 home run) with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts in 6.2, Yimi Garcia (1st hold) allowed a hit, walk, and a strikeout in a scoreless 8th, while Brandon Kintzler (1st save) nailed down his first save with the new club with 1 hit allowed in a scoreless 9th, but erased that hit with a double play ball that ended the game.

Game 2 of the series goes on Saturday afternoon. Caleb Smith (10-11, 4.52 last year) starts for the Fish while the Phillies hand the ball to newly signed Zack Wheeler (11-8, 3.96 last year with the Mets) with game time slated for 4:05.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:39 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Marlins 5 @ Phillies 2.

Francisco Cervilli (only playing because starting catcher Jorge Alfaro came down with a positive Covid test) had a 1 out single in the 3rd, moved to 3rd on a Miguel Rojas single, and scored on a Jonathan Villar sac fly. The Phillies would get the first run on a year on a Didi Gregorius home run leading off the 5th, but the Fish would take the lead for good when a Rojas walk and a Jesus Aguilar 2 run homer sandwiched a Villar strikeout, Corey Dickerson followed with a double, Harold Ramirez walked, 2 wildpitches from Phillies reliever Ramon Rosso advanced the runners 2 bases (with Dickerson scoring), and Ramirez scored on a Garrett Cooper double to put them up 5-1. Gregorius walked with 1 out in the 7th, and scored on a fielding error by Villar. Sandy Alcantera (1-0) allowed 2 runs (1 earned) on 3 hits (1 home run) with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts in 6.2, Yimi Garcia (1st hold) allowed a hit, walk, and a strikeout in a scoreless 8th, while Brandon Kintzler (1st save) nailed down his first save with the new club with 1 hit allowed in a scoreless 9th, but erased that hit with a double play ball that ended the game.

Game 2 of the series goes on Saturday afternoon. Caleb Smith (10-11, 4.52 last year) starts for the Fish while the Phillies hand the ball to newly signed Zack Wheeler (11-8, 3.96 last year with the Mets) with game time slated for 4:05.

(Not towards you)

SOOOOO, this is how that "BLM game" went!

Turned it on as I live in the Philly market area of NJ, saw the "BLM ceremony" and "BLM" on the back of the pitching mound, my stomach turned a bit - changed the channel.

This so-called paycheck collecting for the players/owners season IMO isn't one because it's less than 100 games - now because of BLM they're giving me no motivation to give a about MLB anymore and they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. "IF" and that's a big "IF" MLB changes their act, I'll consider giving a , otherwise I know I'm not alone in my sentiment.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:12 PM

Default 1-1

Marlins 1 @ Phillies 7.

And with the Braves beating the Mets and the Nats beating the Yankees, all 5 NL East teams are all tied for first at 1-1 with 58 games left to play. Didi Gregorius homered to lead off the 2nd, his 2nd homer in as many days for the Fightin's, but the Fish tied it up in the 5th with a 1 out walk to Brian Anderson, and Garrett Cooper and Miguel Rojas each had singles to tie the score at 1. That would be short lived as a 1 out walk to Scott Kingery was followed by a 2 run homer by Phil Gosselin for a 3-1 Phils lead. J.T. Realmuto would add a 3 run homer in the 7th for a 6-1 lead, and Gosselin added his second homer of the afternoon in the 8th for the final margin. Caleb Smith allowed only 1 run and 1 hit (1 home run) with 3 strikeouts in 3 innings but was victimized by as ghastly 6 walks allowed, and Alex Vesia (0-1) making his major league debut took the loss allowing 2 runs on 1 hit (1 home run) with a walk and a strikeout in 2/3 of an inning. Zack Wheeler (1-0) allowed 1 run on 5 hits with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts over 7 innings in his Phillies debut.

The finale of the 3 game series comes on Sunday: Vince Valasquez (7-8, 4.91 last year) starts for the Phils against Jose Urena (4-10, 5.21 last year) with first pitch from the Bank around 1:10.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:47 AM

Default 2-1

Marlins 11 @ Phillies 6.

Last year they finished 10-9 against the Phillies, and so far this year 2-1 . Adam Haseley lead off the Phillies first with a single, Rhys Hoskins doubled, and Bryce Harper hit a 3 run homer to put the Phils up 3-0, and they were't done following 2 outs Jean Segura singled and Jay Bruce tripled for a 4-0. But the scoring on the day was just getting started. Jesus Aguilar got a run back in the 2nd with a leadoff home run, Brian Anderson was hit by a pitch, Isan Diaz singled and Miguel Rojas tied the game with a 3 run shot. Phillies would take the lead again in the 2nd on a 1 out double from Haseley, who would score from second on a wild pitch via an error from catcher Francisco Cervelli, but the Marlins took the lead back for good in the 4th. Diaz had a 1 out single and scored on a Rojas triple, who would come around to score on a Magneuris Sierra double . Marlins expanded the lead with back to back singles from Corey Dickerson and Aguilar to lead off the 5th, and Anderson brought them both home with a 3 run homer to take a 9-5 lead. Dickerson added a solo shot of his own in the 6th for a 10-5 lead, and in the bottom half Phil Gosselin had a 1 out single, scored on a Haseley double, Yimi Garcia would walk Hoskins and Harper to load the bases, but Garcia got JT Realmuto to pop up and Didi Gregorius to line out to end the inning. The final run scored in the 7th; Rojas had a 2 out HBP, and scored on a Sierra triple. Vince Velasquez allowed 4 runs on 3 hits (2 home runs) with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts in 3 innings, and Cole Irvin (0-1) allowed 4 runs on 5 hits with a strikeout in 1 inning of work. Robbert Dugger allowed 5 runs (4 earned) on 6 hits (1 home run) with a walk and 2 strikeouts in 3.1, Stephen Tarpley (1-0) had a strikeout in 2/3 of an inning, Jeff Brigham (1st hold) and Garcia (2nd hold) allowed 1 run on 3 hits with 2 walks and a strikeouts in 2.2.

As this was the Marlins only regularly scheduled visit to Philadelphia this season (the Phillies will play 2 series in Miami), unless they meet in the playoffs with the Phillies as the higher seed, this will be the Marlins last visit to Philadelphia until May 18-20 of 2021 (assuming Covid kicks bricks and 2021 season goes on as scheduled). The Marlins will continue the AL east tour as they open a 4 game series with the Baltimore Orioles, who are coming off winning 2 of 3 in fenway Park against the Red Sox. The first 2 games are in Miami for the Marlins home opener, the second 2 games are in Baltimore. Even though MLB will count the 2 games as 2 separate series, here at City-data I've made the executive decision to combine them as 1, so the Wednesday and Thursday games will be games 3 and 4 of the series. Pablo Lopez (5-8, 5.09) starts for the Marlins opposed by Asher Wojciechowski (4-8, 4.92) for the Birds. Game time from Miami scheduled for 7:10. Phillies also play a 4 game series with the Yankees, first 2 Philadelphia before wrapping it up Wednesday & Thursday in the Bronx.

Last edited by 7express; 07-27-2020 at 02:03 AM..

Old 07-27-2020, 05:11 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
4 Marlins players tested positive yesterday and now placed under quarantine in Phila.

Old 07-27-2020, 07:27 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Now up to 14 positives. Entire team remains in Phila. Marlins home opener for tonite cancelled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball