Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 05:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarLastJedi View Post
What I ******* say!? Lol well not really. Means so much more for Houston to win it.... They needed to win this. It was theirs to lose... They really deserved it more...

These members just didn't get it...
I am happy for the Astros, but I still totally disagree with you on how much they needed this. How about the fires and businesses destroyed in CA and more lives lost that in Houston? My grown grand kids, sports fans I will mention thought, to think winning the world series was going to help with any healing was just silly.
think of all the years the Dodgers have lived without a World Series victory or even appearance. This is the team that used to be in the World Series almost every year.

I just don't see where you are coming from, but again, congrats to the Astros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 06:13 AM

6 posts, read 3,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
The state of Texas and especially Houston deserved this championship. Look at what they went through with the whole Hurricane Harvey disaster.
Repost
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am happy for the Astros, but I still totally disagree with you on how much they needed this. How about the fires and businesses destroyed in CA and more lives lost that in Houston?
Why are you even comparing something thats like different... You’re being like pretty disrespectful when you say such a thing. Its like so much more people wanted to see Houston and the team win than for your team...

Old 11-02-2017, 07:12 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am happy for the Astros, but I still totally disagree with you on how much they needed this. How about the fires and businesses destroyed in CA and more lives lost that in Houston? My grown grand kids, sports fans I will mention thought, to think winning the world series was going to help with any healing was just silly.
think of all the years the Dodgers have lived without a World Series victory or even appearance. This is the team that used to be in the World Series almost every year.

I just don't see where you are coming from, but again, congrats to the Astros.
LA has had ample number of Championships with Lakers.dodgers have them as well.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:00 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I think the Astros won this series in game 2 when Roberts pulled a very effective Rich Hill after 4 innings because he didn't want him to face the lineup a 3rd time through the order. Mind you, this was an offense that couldn't hit its way out of a paper bag for most of the ALCS (sans about 3 innings in games 6 & 7 combined) and for the first game and 4 innings of the World Series so I have no clue why you wouldn't at least start Hill in the 5th. Anyways, that move by Roberts started a chain of domino's that singlehandly blew the one major advantage the Dodgers had over the Astros: Their bullpen.

You may want to dial back the history a bit, in games 1 and 2 of the ALCS the Astros won 2-1 with 11 hits combined vs 10 for the Yankees. Fwiw the dodgers had 11 hits combined in the first two games of the WS. The issue for the dodgers was the 1-13 RISP and 10 LOB. The Astros didn't win the series in game 2, they won it last night shutting the Dodgers down 3 for 30 as a team, 1-13 with RISP and 10 LOB so again what happens in game two that causes the abysmal hitting?

Old 11-02-2017, 08:05 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Happy for the Astros but it's too bad that after a fascinating first six, the final game lacked drama.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
So happy for Houston! Think more people were praying in Texas!

Old 11-02-2017, 08:33 AM

6 posts, read 3,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
So happy for Houston! Think more people were praying in Texas!
You can say sooo many or most of America was praying and rooting for Houston..

Old 11-02-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarLastJedi View Post
Repost

Why are you even comparing something thats like different... You’re being like pretty disrespectful when you say such a thing. Its like so much more people wanted to see Houston and the team win than for your team...
you keep on thinking this and while you do, tell us where you are getting your facts? I think you were asked that before. I am betting, if there was an honest poll it would be pretty much 50/50 which is how it should be. And why is comparing the fires with the floods any different may I ask. Geeze, there is no right or wrong answer except in your mind.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
LA has had ample number of Championships with Lakers.dodgers have them as well.
Yes, they have but it has been a hell of a long time for baseball. My response by the way has more to do wiht people saying things like the Astros deserved this because of the flooding. As I mentioned 2 of our grandkids live in the Houston area, one is working, the other a Jr in college. Both sports fans, there father played ball and so did their great uncle. Even they said, when I spoke with them a few nights ago, actually texted them, the floods and pro sports have little to do with each other. Now, if one of the players had lost their house in the floods that night change things a bit.

I am not begrudging the Astro's their win, as I have said, good for them, I am simply saying the argument, they deserve to win because if the flooding is over the top.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:40 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
I think it's a farce to say everyone or most wanted Houston to win, certainly not at the start of the playoffs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball