Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 07:56 AM

7,100 posts, read 3,858,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
You mean the fans didn't like Brett Gardner??
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Like an annual rite of passage, the first order of offseason priorities for Cashman and Hal, to the chagrin of fans, is bringing back Gardner on a one year deal, you can put it in the book. They LOOOOVE Gardner.

They will take a more hardline stance with Gregorius, a lowball offer and let him test the market. They have leverage with Torres moving to short.
Thanks for the reminder. Looks like I hit the nail on the head with that prediction though not a big surprise to begin with.

I wouldn't say "didn't like". Here in the NY area, it's become an annual conundrum with Yankee fans. They don't want him back, but then during the season they're glad he came back, then at the end of the season, they don't want him back and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 02:11 PM

5,655 posts, read 6,249,527 times
I caught the Yankees game on TV opening day and was really disappointed to see a fairly large "Audi" along with its 4 circle emblem painted right onto the field between the first base line and the dugouts. I don't like what that portends for the future. So far I haven't seen adds on any other fields, Classless by both the Yankees and, frankly, Audi.

Old 04-14-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I caught the Yankees game on TV opening day and was really disappointed to see a fairly large "Audi" along with its 4 circle emblem painted right onto the field between the first base line and the dugouts. I don't like what that portends for the future. So far I haven't seen adds on any other fields, Classless by both the Yankees and, frankly, Audi.
They're paying Dave Kingman 33m/yr. They need the money

Old 04-24-2022, 12:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 25,943,785 times
Bringing this thread up to date with one comment.

Throwing garbage out on the field doesn't cut it. Throwing garbage to a player after another player is injured trying to make a play is beyond disgusting.

Old 04-24-2022, 12:51 PM

9,807 posts, read 7,534,427 times
Yup, not a good look for Yankee fans. I don't want to stick up for Boston folks, but I don't see anyone at Fenway doing that. Hell, they've had a couple crappy seasons in the last decade, and the fans still showed up to Fenway. When I think of throwing trash on the field, I think of that unfortunate game in Atlanta, and of course Philly because you expect it there. Yankee fans are supposed to be much better and bigger than that.

Old 04-24-2022, 06:40 PM

34,157 posts, read 17,235,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

Throwing garbage out on the field doesn't cut it. Throwing garbage to a player after another player is injured trying to make a play is beyond disgusting.

agreed

Old 04-25-2022, 09:35 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,315,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

It was good to see Aaron Judge and a few other Yankees run out to RF and call out their own fans.

Old 04-26-2022, 11:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 25,943,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
It was good to see Aaron Judge and a few other Yankees run out to RF and call out their own fans.
It was!

I don't tune in to ESPN a lot but I do like Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser on Pardon The Interruption who were plenty blunt about their observations of the game yesterday.

Aaron Judge fits into the category of classy players on the yankee roster.

Old 04-27-2022, 05:24 PM

52,741 posts, read 48,091,804 times
Default Yankees' Use Of Technology To Steal Signs Just Revealed In A Letter

What I have been alleging for years, and also, what others have alleged, has finally had some light shed on it. ESPN has revealed details of what happened during the 2015 and 2016 campaigns. The New York Yankees cheated after all. And worse, Rob Manfred knew about all of this when it happened.

So, a letter giving details of the things that happened and how they did had been hidden away for some strange reason.

No longer. It's opened up now.

Here's a link for you. I'm keeping this thread separate from the regular official Yankee thread because of the sensitive nature of this, so let's do our best to keep this thing on topic (No trolling, and you know the drill). Take a look below.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ct-sources-say

Yes, Yankees fans are going to be mad, but this is what hypocrisy brings when cheating takes place in baseball. Turns out, the Yankees pointed fingers at other teams, but not at themselves.

At any rate, let's get the thread started. This is a topic which, unfortunately, needed to be brought to the forefront.

Old 04-27-2022, 05:46 PM

It didn't work out too well. Shutout at home in 15 and missed the playoffs in 16.
Others later perfected the science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball