Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2023, 08:53 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 16 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Thanks.

I didn't hear about this until I heard someone mention it on the Warriors-Kings Game 3 playoff television broadcast.
The new location is going to be very interesting. I can't wait to see the ballpark's new designs, but I get the feeling that they're going to build it too small. Needs to be about 40K seats. Still, it will be fun to watch it go up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2023, 02:19 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The new location is going to be very interesting. I can't wait to see the ballpark's new designs, but I get the feeling that they're going to build it too small. Needs to be about 40K seats. Still, it will be fun to watch it go up.
Yes it, will be interesting.

I also wonder what will happen re the A's AAA affiliate Las Vegas Aviators and their new in 2019 Las Vegas Ballpark (open air at 3,000 ft elevation (cooler than Strip level) with a capacity of about 10,000) in 'South Summerlin'.

Will the Aviators affiliate with a different team ?

As we know, it wouldn't be unprecedented to have/keep both (thinking the Space Cowboys)......but Greater Houston = 7.1 million plus, and Clark County (the Las Vegas Metro returned to just being considered just Clark County per Wikipedia) = 1/3 of Greater Houston, or less, re population.

Old 05-07-2023, 09:43 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Vida Blue just passed away.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:12 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
This will be a gloomy year for the Oakland A's.

Old 05-10-2023, 11:59 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
It’s a good excuse for me to finally be done with baseball. The owners of the team for the past 25 years never wanted to make Oakland work, and for some reason sports owners still think taxpayers should be paying for their stadiums. I’ll still have good memories of the players and teams I saw play when they were there.

Old 05-20-2023, 04:59 AM

One of the local channels in Houston, re their coverage of the A's/Astros game, did a little blurb showing A's third baseman Aledmys Diaz getting his World Series Championship ring from Dusty Baker.

Might be the oddest scenario re receiving a World Series ring I've seen.

Old 05-27-2023, 11:45 AM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It’s a good excuse for me to finally be done with baseball. The owners of the team for the past 25 years never wanted to make Oakland work, and for some reason sports owners still think taxpayers should be paying for their stadiums. I’ll still have good memories of the players and teams I saw play when they were there.
Ditto the line I bolded as that's how I'll always remember the Baltimore Colts that I grew up with and wrote about here.

Though I live in the Phoenix area, I feel more inclined to drive over to LV to see MLB than fight the traffic into downtown Phoenix, which means a nasty one-hour slog in both directions.

There's a million things to do within a mile of a future LV ballpark while here in Phoenix we can tiptoe over to the railroad yards or hang with the beautiful people at a huge homeless camp called The Zone.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:37 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 16 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Default Still Remembering A's Fan Extraordinaire Grandstander

I just wonder what Grandstander would have said at a time like this, what with his A's having baseball's worst record this year, heading quite possibly for the all-time worst. You only wonder just how bad things will actually end up when September rolls around.

Old 08-01-2023, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I just wonder what Grandstander would have said at a time like this, what with his A's having baseball's worst record this year, heading quite possibly for the all-time worst. You only wonder just how bad things will actually end up when September rolls around.
The Royals are now (August 1st) almost as bad .

The Royals record....only two games better than the A's (32-75 vs. 30-77).

Old 11-16-2023, 04:51 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Quote:
Grandstander was primarily a Giants fan, but he did like the A’s too as a Bay Area resident. I knew him and his postings going all the way back to a site called Baseballboards.com (later Fanhome.com) in the late 90s….he was always very intelligent & well-reasoned on every subject which he posted. RIP

Anyway, bumping this back because the owners voted to officially allow the team to move to Vegas. I guess it’s time to start a thread with a new team name:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...as-sources-say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball