Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 10:05 AM

9,871 posts, read 7,619,096 times

Advertisements

Had a single win against the Braves since the last update last Wednesday which includes losing a 1 run game to the division leading Mariners in Oakland last night. They have 2 more at home before the underperforming Blue Jays pay a visit to the Coliseum on the weekend. A good rest of the week is 4-1, what I expect is 2-3, and a bad rest of the week is 0-5. Blue Jays are currently last in the AL East, and is a team that could be rebooted in the next 7 or 8 weeks. Mariners are in first, Rangers are 5.5 back, Houston is 7 back, Oakland is 11 back, and the Angels are 11.5 back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2024, 09:54 PM

Default 26-41

What I expected, 2-3 for the rest of the week. 7 road games this week; 3 @ San Diego to start, and than 4 in Minnesota to end the week. And the 2 teams they are facing off against this week are very inconsistent, so maybe the A's can pick up a couple scraps this week. The Pads are a team that seems to play to their opponents level. In a 10 day stretch in May they played 7 games against the Dodgers and Braves sandwiched between 3 games against the Rockies. They went 5-2 in the 7 games against the Braves & Dodgers, but got swept in the 3 games against Colorado. They also got swept in 3 games in Anaheim last week scoring only 5 runs in the process, but the series before ended up winning 2 out of 3 against a red hot Royals team. So, who knows what team is going to show up. And than for the Twins: take out a stretch between April 20 and May 4 when they won 13 of 14 games and another stretch from May 21 to June 2 when they won 9 of 12 the Twins are only 12-27 in the other games. So, when the snowball gets rolling for the Twins it can pick up a lot of steam, but it seems to take them a while to get going. Right now, the Twins are only a streak of 1 after Sunday's win ended a 5 game losing streak, so we'll see how its looking after Wednesday, but considering the Twins are playing the Rockies it could be a streak of 4 coming in. But if the Rockies win a game or even more win the series, hopefully the A's can get a couple. But like the Pads who really knows which team shows up. I think a good week is 5-2, I'll put an expected 3-4, that's about average I think, and a bad week I'll say is 1-6. Seattle is in first, Texas is 5 back, Houston 6.5 back, and the Angels and A's are tied at 11 back.

Old 06-18-2024, 02:48 PM

Default 26-48

Had another winless week, the second one in a month as the losing streak goes to 9. 6 games this week all at home, 3 vs. the Royals starting today, and 3 vs. the Twins over the weekend. A's got swept in KC back in May, and they just got swept in 4 games in Minnesota last weekend. Seattle is in first, Rangers and Astros are tied at 9 back, Angels are 13 back, and the A's are 17 back.

Old 06-24-2024, 04:29 PM

Default 29-51

won 2 of 3 against the Royals before losing 2 of 3 to the Twins to split the week at 3-3. Road for 6 games this week: 3 at the Angels to start, and than 3 in Arizona to end things. Angels are once again having a tough season, another year where Mike Trout has missed significant time with injury, and are well on their way to a 10th straight season of missing the playoffs. Arizona meanwhile, after making a surprise run to the World Series last year is in that jumbled mess of 9 teams within 4 games for the NL Wildcard. A good week is 4-2, what I expect is 2-4, and a bad week is 1-5. Seattle is in first, Astros are 6 back, Rangers are 6.5 back, Angels are 13 back, and the A's are 16 back.

Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM

Default 34-58

They went 1-5 last week on the road against the Angels and D'Backs, and went 4-2 this week against the Angels again and Orioles. Surprisingly, they lost 2 of 3 in the Orioles series but actually outscored the Orioles in the series due to them putting up a 19 spot in game 2. Final road trip of the first half is this week with 6 road games on the East Coast. First up is Boston following an off day on Monday, and than down to Philadelphia to end the first half of the schedule. Red Sox swept the A's the second series of the year in Oakland, and the Philles own the majors best record. A good week is 3-3, what I expect is 1-5, and a bad week is 0-6. Seattle is still in first, but their leading is dropping precipitously as the Astros are only 2 back, the Rangers are 6 back, Angels are 10.5 back, and the A's are 15 back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball