Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,202 times

Advertisements

I hope everyone enjoyed and did well in my baseball trivia of a few weeks ago.sorry no points if you had to use google.As mentioned in the OP, stats and baseball history wont help, its not that type of trivia.

and now for the answers:

cheers- cheers was an 80's show set in boston, with the bar owner,sam malone, a former red sox pitcher.
(5 points-too easy,extremely popular show)

cusack,james,lerner-these 3 actors appeared in the 1988 movie 8 men out,about the white sox.
(15 points)

canadian baseball announcer will not mention this teams name on air. yep the indians is a dirty word.
(15 points)

lynda day george,murry hamilton,karen valentine-these three actors appeared together in the 1977 movie murder at the world series,that involves the astros.
(25 points, you really have to be a child of the 70's to know this little known movie)

gene autry '61-'97-owner of the LA angels
(15 points)

ted baxter-ted was an announcer at WJM on the 1970's tv show the mary tyler moore show, the show was set in minnesota.
(10 points,easy one,very popular show.)

tiffany-designed the iconic NY yankees logo.
(10 points)

Regarding Margie-2006 the simpsons episode that mentions the oakland A's
(5 points, any simpsons fan would get this reference)

pitched for jockey underwear-orioles' jim palmer did some underwear commercials in the early 1980's
(25 points,few may remember those commercials)

(20 points, only fan of architecture would get this reference)
1815 feet tall-there is only structure in north america that is that tall and thats the CN tower in toronto.

1993, Michael Lee-a senior at Mission Viejo, California high school , accurately predicted the cubs would win in 2016.
(40 points,congrats if you managed to get this one without googling it.)

rain man-the 1988 movie has Cincinnati reds references in it.
(5 points, too easy it was a very popular movie)

the munsters, the brady bunch, mr ed-only one team appears in all three of these shows, the dodgers.
(15 points,a true child of the 60's and early 70's would get this)

Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated-one of the lines of the theme song to Laverne & Shirley a 1970's show set in the city of milwaukee.
(10 points, very popular show when it came out)

yellow bridge-there is only one yellow bridge that has any reference to baseball and is the Roberto Clemente bridge in Pittsburgh.
(5 points, too easy, they are always showing it when the pirates play at pnc park)

seinfeld-big mets fan had keith hernandez in one episode of his show.
(2 points, sorry but this is a giveaway,one of the most popular comedy shows of all time)

Eero Saarinen-famous architect who designed the arch in St. Louis.
(10 points,knowledge of architecture helped.)

and now for some extra point, there is one tv theme song that mentions a baseball team, name that show and the team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 07:46 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
and now for some extra point, there is one tv theme song that mentions a baseball team, name that show and the team.
Off the top of my head, I was going to say the Drew Carey Show; Cleveland Indians. However, I then looked up the lyrics and it doesn't explicitly mention the Indians. Yet, I know Drew Carey is an Indian fan. It might not be the answer you are looking for.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:30 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,258,832 times
Quote:

Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated-one of the lines of the theme song to Laverne & Shirley a 1970's show set in the city of milwaukee.
(10 points, very popular show when it came out)

OK, but which baseball team is being referenced, the Braves, who were there in the early '60's, when the show was set, or the Brewers, who were there in the '70's, when the show was made/originally broadcast?

Old 05-23-2018, 03:56 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
OK, but which baseball team is being referenced, the Braves, who were there in the early '60's, when the show was set, or the Brewers, who were there in the '70's, when the show was made/originally broadcast?

heh.. Good point.. I'd say 5 extra points if you thought it through that much to come up with the Braves.

As for the bonus question.. If the rules hold true.. No team used twice.. I don't know the answer, but I'd bet on the Giants. So now I'm thinking of any show set in SF..

Old 06-05-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Off the top of my head, I was going to say the Drew Carey Show; Cleveland Indians. However, I then looked up the lyrics and it doesn't explicitly mention the Indians. Yet, I know Drew Carey is an Indian fan. It might not be the answer you are looking for.
A good guess but as you wrote no team is mentioned in the lyrics.Actually its a little underhanded question, the answer is the 70's show all in the family but no team is mentioned in the lyrics that play on tv you would have to know the full lyrics.

"Take a little Sunday spin,
Go to watch the Dodgers win.
Have yourself a dandy day
That cost you under a fin."

and now for an extra extra credit question, this famous soccer star, Cristiano Ronaldo is sometimes seen wear this mlb team cap although I doubt he even knows its a baseball team.the hint is in his name.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:49 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Quote:

and now for an extra extra credit question, this famous soccer star, Cristiano Ronaldo is sometimes seen wear this mlb team cap although I doubt he even knows its a baseball team.the hint is in his name.
CR - Colorado Rockies

Old 06-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
CR - Colorado Rockies
bingo!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball