Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 08:44 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times

Advertisements

I'll stand by what I said a year and a half ago: Any team that trades for Cano is an automatic loser no matter what they gave up, or who else came over with Cano.

As for Kelanic, lot's of people have struggled to start their careers. Derek Jeter was pretty bad his first couple of months, yet turned out to be a decent enough player. Dylan Cease and Carlos Rodon of the AL Central leading White Sox both had multiple years at the major league level and were both below-average to bad and now are leading the White Sox rotation this year. White Sox presumptive ace Lucas Giolito really struggled his cameo appearance in DC in 2016 and his first year+ with the White Sox but has now turned out to be a top of the rotation starter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 09:45 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
I hadn't followed Robinson Cano for a few years, I was skeptical of his huge contract with the Mariners, so I looked him up on Wikipedia and found: "Canó's career has been met with controversy after he tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs on several occasions. In 2018, Canó was first suspended for 80 games for violating MLB's joint drug agreement for his use of furosemide. He was later traded to the Mets after the 2018 season. On November 18, 2020, Canó was suspended a second time for the entire 2021 season after testing positive for stanozolol."

At this point I wonder if he will ever play again.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:33 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'll stand by what I said a year and a half ago: Any team that trades for Cano is an automatic loser no matter what they gave up, or who else came over with Cano.

As for Kelanic, lot's of people have struggled to start their careers. Derek Jeter was pretty bad his first couple of months, yet turned out to be a decent enough player. Dylan Cease and Carlos Rodon of the AL Central leading White Sox both had multiple years at the major league level and were both below-average to bad and now are leading the White Sox rotation this year. White Sox presumptive ace Lucas Giolito really struggled his cameo appearance in DC in 2016 and his first year+ with the White Sox but has now turned out to be a top of the rotation starter.

Trade looks fairly good now, essentially Diaz for Kelenic, absorbing Cano's pay. Much better with Cano reducing the pay by tens of millions.

I agree Kelenic may turn out ok or perhaps good, but Diaz is looking like a special closer again, as he did with Mariners. There was nothing else to use to get Diaz, and he has started quite well, a big part of Mets solid first third of season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball