Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times

Advertisements

i WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEW tWINS WIN THE DIVISION EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT i THINK THE tIGERS WOULD HAVE A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF BEATING THE DREADED YANKMES IN THE PLAYOFFS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Orangeish... please communicate this to your lads and try not to get these two mixed up today...

White Sox = Win
Bears = Lose

Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 AM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
i WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEW tWINS WIN THE DIVISION EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT i THINK THE tIGERS WOULD HAVE A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF BEATING THE DREADED YANKMES IN THE PLAYOFFS.
Still rooting for my Twins. However, you've got a point. Twins can find enumerable ways to lose to the Yankees.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:41 PM

364 posts, read 877,522 times
The Tigers played good baseball today. Sharp defense...seemed like they played with much less nerves than the last 2 ballgames. So Tuesday...playing at the Metrodump, with all of its bounces, quirks, and blindspots, not to mention all the loud canned noise...definitely will be a challenge.

But are the Tigers up to the challenge? I think so...Porcello has been great the past month, Detroits bullpen will be well-rested and ready to go if needed. Minnesota is an intimidating place, but if the Tigers keep their cool, they can win the game. Its a shame that they have held a share of 1st place since May 10th, and now on the last day they end in a tie for 1st (first time since late July its been a tie)...but I think they can do it. Both teams will be playing their hearts out.

I really believe that Detroit is a better, more talented ballclub than Minnesota. Whichever team DOES make it to the postseason, there is no doubt it my mind they will be one of the most mediocre teams in the playoffs. But once your in, anything can happen. So Im excited, but nervous, about Tues.

Lastly, look at the monthly spreads of the Tigers and Twins. Tigers choking? No, they are playing at the pace they have been playing at all year. Its the Twins who came out of nowhere playing far above and beyond what they have been all year.

........TIGERS..........TWINS
APR.....11-10.........11-11
MAY.....17-11.........14-16
JUNE....15-13.........15-12
JULY....10-14..........12-12
AUG.....16-13.........14-14
SE/OC..17-15.........20-11

GO TIGERS!

Old 10-04-2009, 06:51 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Orangeish... please communicate this to your lads and try not to get these two mixed up today...

White Sox = Win
Bears = Lose
lulz, sorry we gave you the opposite. Sox took two of three though, we did you guys a favor in that respect. Go beat those kittens down tuesday night.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
lulz, sorry we gave you the opposite. Sox took two of three though, we did you guys a favor in that respect. Go beat those kittens down tuesday night.
Great job by Ozzie and the Sox in playing for pride this last week of the season and would expect that they will be coming loaded for bear in 2010. Obviously would not have the opportunity for game #163 without the fight that Chicago showed. Much obliged!

Now it's to be settled between the two teams and I like our chances on Tuesday...

1. Rookie Porcello going for Detroit who has had not much success in the dome going 0 -2 this year with a 6.30 ERA and 1.8 WHIP.
2. Baker going for Twins who tho a bit inconsistent, beat the Tigers in Detroit his last start giving up just one run in 5 innings.
3. Tigers have won one game of their past eight when their starting pitcher is not named Verlander.
4. Tigers are 2 - 7 at the dome this year after going 3 - 6 last year.
5. Twins batters all up and down the lineup are red hot!
6. Joe Mauer.
7. This...

Last edited by Ghengis; 10-05-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Biggest Twins advantage? The NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:59 PM

364 posts, read 877,522 times
The noise will be a huge factor. Both the Tigers and Twins have rowdy crowds, a huge reason why they both have outstanding home records. Of course, the twins also have the advantage of the bounces and blindspots of the MetroDump. And crowd noise is like "canned noise" because it is enclosed, making it louder.

That said, these teams are tied for a reason. The Tigers have played consistently all season long...the Twins had a remarkable Sep/Oct far above their seasonal average to bring them even. The Tigers are just as hungry as the Twins....and I think that if Porcello can get an early lead, the Twins may start to press.

Call it bias if you want, but I think if the Twins win, the Yankees will sweep them in the ALDS, but if the Tigers win..its up in the air who wins and may very well go 5.

GO TIGERS!

Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 AM

761 posts, read 3,414,477 times
Go twins!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:37 AM

I have a friend who sells air filtration products for a one of the BIG regional filter suppliers in the area. He told me that a certain Government Agency (I'm not saying it is the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, owners of the Metrodome) placed a huge order for some special, low efficiency/low-pressure-drop air filters today. He said the chief engineer of this particular facility said they wanted to make sure they could "blow a bit more air around than usual for a special event tonight". My friend couldn't find a truck to get them delivered so the chief said..."never mind, we'll just take the old ones out". Weird, I wonder what he was talking about?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I have another friend (no really) who sells those big wattage, rapid-start, stadium lights who told me...

Last edited by Ghengis; 10-06-2009 at 11:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball