Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 08:25 AM

150 posts, read 134,082 times

Advertisements

Starting this thread to discuss the NY Yankees cheating in the 2019 MLB Season, and also why the hypocrites running Major League Baseball is ignoring the epidemic of cheating that has occurred with the New York Yankees throughout time.

Also, would like to know everyone's thoughts on the hypocritical cheater Aaron Judge, making comments about the Astros, when he himself is a cheater?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY3Y28LnMVY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 10:39 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times
What is it we are supposed be be seeing? Aaron Judge is holding a piece of paper.

So?

Old 02-24-2020, 12:46 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
What is it we are supposed be be seeing? Aaron Judge is holding a piece of paper.

So?
Looks like he has still pics from center field that may show the catchers signs ? But I'm not sure I have no other background on this story.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Looks like he has still pics from center field that may show the catchers signs ? But I'm not sure I have no other background on this story.
Well, the OP appears to be a Houston fan who feels that their guilt will somehow be ameliorated if it turns out others are also guilty.

I do not see the reasoning here. That Aaron Judge may have cheated does nothing to change the fact that the Astros definitely cheated.

If Judge or any other player or club is exposed in a manner as persuasive as the Astros were exposed, then we will have something. Until we do, the focus will remain on the club we know for certain violated the rules.

The Red Sox report should be coming soon, that should give the Houston fans some relief.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Well, the OP appears to be a Houston fan who feels that their guilt will somehow be ameliorated if it turns out others are also guilty.

I do not see the reasoning here. That Aaron Judge may have cheated does nothing to change the fact that the Astros definitely cheated.

If Judge or any other player or club is exposed in a manner as persuasive as the Astros were exposed, then we will have something. Until we do, the focus will remain on the club we know for certain violated the rules.

The Red Sox report should be coming soon, that should give the Houston fans some relief.
Exactly , the investigations into MLB sign stealing is still ongoing. The results of the investigation into the Astros cheating should not have been released until the total and complete investigation was finished.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Exactly , the investigations into MLB sign stealing is still ongoing. The results of the investigation into the Astros cheating should not have been released until the total and complete investigation was finished.
I do not see the sense to this. The Astro investigation was completed, why should the release of the results be delayed simply because others may follow? Your only reason appears to be public relations..that if all guilty parties are simultaneously announced, the guilty parties from your team will seem less offensive.

You want to control the public perception to alleviate local guilt. Looks like you aren't getting your wish this time around. The Astros were the first to be caught, they merit contempt for what they did. So will any others who are identified, but not until they are identified. Meanwhile, enjoy the spotlight.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I do not see the sense to this. The Astro investigation was completed, why should the release of the results be delayed simply because others may follow? Your only reason appears to be public relations..that if all guilty parties are simultaneously announced, the guilty parties from your team will seem less offensive.

You want to control the public perception to alleviate local guilt. Looks like you aren't getting your wish this time around. The Astros were the first to be caught, they merit contempt for what they did. So will any others who are identified, but not until they are identified. Meanwhile, enjoy the spotlight.
That's a totally ridiculous rational. A desire for even handed treatment is nothing but a public relations ploy in this world of Astros derangement, giving sanctimonious blowhards a chance to show how pure they are. But when the favorite teams in MLB start to be exposed, suddenly reason will prevail ,I bet.

Last edited by Jack Lance; 02-24-2020 at 07:25 PM..

Old 02-28-2020, 12:32 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
I see the Astros are being plunked with great efficiency this spring...Which is a good thing

Old 03-04-2020, 06:36 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdark80 View Post
Starting this thread to discuss the NY Yankees cheating in the 2019 MLB Season, and also why the hypocrites running Major League Baseball is ignoring the epidemic of cheating that has occurred with the New York Yankees throughout time.

Also, would like to know everyone's thoughts on the hypocritical cheater Aaron Judge, making comments about the Astros, when he himself is a cheater?
I think that the Yankees do need to be looked at, especially if there might have been things happening last season. Really, there are more people in this game that cheat in some way than what we hear about or read about. It wouldn't be a shock if, later on in the year, more people start coming forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I see the Astros are being plunked with great efficiency this spring...Which is a good thing
Wow. Such hate.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:18 PM

6,900 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Wishful thinking.
Good effort though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball