Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 04:08 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,380,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I couldn't handle a doubleheader as a fan.....in fact, most of the time, I head for the car about the end of the 8th inning....games are way too long as it is.
Ordinarily I would disagree with you but not on one summer day back in the 1970's. We drove down to Atlanta from Virginia to watch the Big Red Machine play two against the Braves. By about the middle of the second game my wife wanted to leave but I refused. I ended up with a painful sunburn and my wife was wilted from the heat and wouldn't speak to me all the way home (almost 350 miles).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 04:30 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I assume that purchased tickets will be honored at later games.

Now I hear that the upcoming series with the Rays will be played in St. Pete with the Orioles as the home team. I've never heard of this happening before either.
The Mariners played an away series at home against the Marlins in 2011. Mariners will be visitors when they play Marlins — at Safeco Field | The Seattle Times

The Mariners also played 20 games of their 1994 home schedule on the road due to ceiling tiles that fell inside the Kingdome.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,138,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
The thread is about a game that was cancelled because the Orioles' stadium is surrounded by violent anti-police, and anti-White rioters.

You cite a lightly attended, leisurely game that had a 'cool' mood. Your trip down memory lane, and fond Billy Martin reminiscences, are completely irrelevant.. but were probably posted to diminish, and deflect, the seriousness of the criminal siege Baltimore is under, right (?)
I'll guess you got lost on the way to the politics board. This is the baseball board where we talk about, well, baseball.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:02 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,463,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Has this ever happened before......anywhere????
Here in Des Moines in 2008 the Iowa Cubs (AAA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs) played a game against Nashville in front of 0 fans due to flooding surrounding the stadium. Principal Park is adjacent to two rivers, so the stadium was sandbagged in.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:03 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Default White Sox Pitcher Has Brain Hemorrhage in Dugout

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere...

Danny Farquhar, Chicago White Sox pitcher, has brain hemorrhage during game

White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar was in stable but critical condition Saturday, a day after suffering a brain hemorrhage while in the dugout during a game. Farquhar passed out in the sixth inning Friday night after getting two outs against Houston. He was helped by team medical personnel and on-site EMTs, and regained consciousness before he was taken to a hospital by ambulance.

The White Sox announced that additional testing revealed the brain hemorrhage caused by a ruptured aneurysm. Farquhar was receiving treatment and being closely monitored in the neurosurgical ICU unit at Rush University Medical center.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:58 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
So sad.

I still remember when Marlin's Fernandez died. I did lose interest that season after that.

MLB is a fun diversion, but when things like this happen, reality supersedes diversion.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:41 AM

834 posts, read 529,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
So sad.

I still remember when Marlin's Fernandez died. I did lose interest that season after that.
So, last year.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:08 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
So, last year.
No, 2016.

Did not enjoy rest of it as much.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:12 AM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
So sad.

MLB is a fun diversion, but when things like this happen, reality supersedes diversion.
Sad but true.

ABC's Good Morning America had a two minute seg on him just a bit ago and said after the medical procedure he had Saturday that he is still in critical condition. He's only thirty one years old, married his high school sweetheart, has three children.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:22 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Default 8k Seat Temp. Stadium To Be Built & Yankees/White Sox Game To Be Played On 8/13/20 @ 'Field of Dreams' Farm In Iowa

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...arm/ar-AAFxA3z

I think it's a fantastic idea, and I'm almost tempted to look into going to the game.

I've been there, and I loved it. I wasn't disappointed. But who knows....that may be because I'm such a fan of both baseball and that movie.

I heard that construction will start next week on the temporary stadium. I just hope that at some point (soon) after the game, the site will be restored to it's current state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball