Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times

Advertisements

Not over quite yet Ladies and Germs...

Tigers seem determined to tank this one and it appears that it's now up to the Twins and Whiteys to play a bit better than .500 ball to catch, er... I mean step out of the way of the free falling Detoilets. Twins win this afternoon leaves them 4 back and Tigers play 13 of their last 18 against Minnie and Chicago. I'm hoping for a Minnie vs. Chicago playoff in the dome this time around. You didn't really think you were done yet did you Ozzie? That would be appropriate...I think.

Last edited by Ghengis; 09-16-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
Ha yeah, game 163 in the Twinkie Dome with the Sox and the Twins would be very poetic. I still say the Tigers are going to hold on however, it would take an epic collapse for them to lose this.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:43 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Ha yeah, game 163 in the Twinkie Dome with the Sox and the Twins would be very poetic. I still say the Tigers are going to hold on however, it would take an epic collapse for them to lose this.
Being up only 4 games with this many games to play against the Twins & White Sox wouldn't be anything close to an epic collapse.

The all time worse collapse happened in the 60's when the Phillies led by something like a dozen games with about 18 to go in the season and tanked it. Doing this from memory. Maybe someone can get the actual numbers to the worse collapse in major league baseball history.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:31 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I mean step out of the way of the free falling Detoilets.
Your insults should be funny and/or creative.

GO GET 'EM DETROIT TIGERS!!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Being up only 4 games with this many games to play against the Twins & White Sox wouldn't be anything close to an epic collapse.

The all time worse collapse happened in the 60's when the Phillies led by something like a dozen games with about 18 to go in the season and tanked it. Doing this from memory. Maybe someone can get the actual numbers to the worse collapse in major league baseball history.
To be passed by two teams when you were up on both by at least 7.5 in Sept would be quite a collapse. To be passed by one, perhaps that would just be a major collapse, and not a historic one, but to be passed but two teams, with such a large lead over both, would be pretty amazing.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,236,966 times
Biggest collapses in MLB history

Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 PM

364 posts, read 877,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Your insults should be funny and/or creative.

GO GET 'EM DETROIT TIGERS!!
Agreed. The Tigers have gone 9-6 in their last 15, I dont know how that is a free-fall. They went on a tear of 6 game winning streak, then scared us with a season-high 5 game losing streak, and have since won 3 of 4.

The white sux and the twinkies can keep dreaming, and as much as Twins fans may want to have a one game playoff in that hideaous metrodump they are finally laying to rest, I dont see that happening.

GOOOO TIGERS!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 AM

25 posts, read 36,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Ah yes, the 1995 Los Angeles Angels collapse. Sweet, sweet memories.

*Mariners fan*

Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michsnowlvr View Post
Agreed. The Tigers have gone 9-6 in their last 15, I dont know how that is a free-fall. They went on a tear of 6 game winning streak, then scared us with a season-high 5 game losing streak, and have since won 3 of 4.

The white sux and the twinkies can keep dreaming, and as much as Twins fans may want to have a one game playoff in that hideaous metrodump they are finally laying to rest, I dont see that happening.

GOOOO TIGERS!
I was more concerned about the losses to the Royals more than anything, I can look past a sweep to the Jays, that is a good team.

Hopefully the Tigers can show Grienke how it is today and the Tigers can start looking to set up the rotation for the Yanks.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:41 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I was more concerned about the losses to the Royals more than anything, I can look past a sweep to the Jays, that is a good team.

Hopefully the Tigers can show Grienke how it is today and the Tigers can start looking to set up the rotation for the Yanks.
More likely that Grienke will be showing Detroit how it is.
Zack's last 3 starts...24 IP, 1 ER, 0.38 ERA. He seems like a fine young man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball