Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 09:34 AM

6,435 posts, read 4,929,795 times

Advertisements

Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park BEFORE the "renovations". I saw 1 game and Yankee Stadium with Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Tom Tresh and was sure I would see a home run and wasn't disappointed. I used to watch games at Fenway (walking distance from my apt) for $5. Now that buys you a water. I remember one game where I sat in the condor section and it started to rain and rain and rain. They didn't call the game even though there was a deluge. I was already soaked to the skin and it was warm out so I moved down to the box seats behind the first base dugout and yelled at the players as they came to bat. Most fun I ever had at a game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 09:46 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,705,224 times
Marlins Field, afther they opened the FANTASTIC PLACE never again a Rain Out in Miami. Gotta Love It

Old 08-08-2021, 10:25 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Attended:
Yankee - Old and new
Citi & Shea
Vet
Dodger
Anaheim
Olympic
Wrigley
Fenway
Safeco & Kingdome
Comerica
Camden
Turner
Petco
Chase
Coliseum
AT&T-Oracle

Favorite - Petco, Anaheim
Honorable mentions - Dodger, Wrigley, Chase
Ugliest/Worst - Kingdome & Olympic, hands down
Overrated - Fenway
In addition to all of the current MLB stadiums, the old/previous MLB stadiums I’ve been to (seeing MLB games played by the home team when that was their home stadium) are:

* - Exhibition Stadium in Toronto
* - The Stick’ - Candlestick Park in San Francisco
* - ‘The Ballpark at Arlington’(+ several other names - same park - previous home of the Rangers)
* - The Metrodome in Minneapolis
* - Busch Memorial Stadium in St. Louis (home of the Cardinals from 1966 to 2005)
* - RFK Stadium in D.C.
* - Old/the original Yankee Stadium
* - Shea Stadium in NYC
* - Turner Field in Atlanta
* - Hard Rock/Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami (it’s also had 6 or 7 other names)

I’ve been to the Padres previous stadium, ‘The Murph’ many times, but only for NFL games, not MLB games.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I really liked The Metrodome for many of the same reasons you like Tropicana. I used to go to several Twins games every year. Only been to one since the new field. Before it was 70 and beautiful and a game was going to be played no matter the weather outside. Now I am not making a 600 mile round trip to sit in crappy weather or get rained out.
I can see why the roof is important to you…..not wasting a 600 drive….but IMO (and a number of people agreed with me), The Metrodome was the worst stadium in MLB.

Even tough there is a chance of a rainout, Target Field is a much better place to see a game.

Last edited by RMESMH; 08-08-2021 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Corrected auto correct’s incorrect correction

Old 08-08-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park BEFORE the "renovations". I saw 1 game and Yankee Stadium with Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Tom Tresh and was sure I would see a home run and wasn't disappointed. I used to watch games at Fenway (walking distance from my apt) for $5. Now that buys you a water. I remember one game where I sat in the condor section and it started to rain and rain and rain. They didn't call the game even though there was a deluge. I was already soaked to the skin and it was warm out so I moved down to the box seats behind the first base dugout and yelled at the players as they came to bat. Most fun I ever had at a game.
I remember bleacher seats for Oakland A’s games in 68 or 69 or in the early 70s were 75 cents each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball